• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ammeter frequency and voltage gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawdaddy

Can the volt gauges be set up to monitor the 2 legs as separate 120v circuits, or do they have to measure across both legs for 250v? Ideally, I would want to see the 120 volts on each leg and the amps running through that leg.

Jimc

you can wire it however you want. in the picture i have them hooked to the wires from the original voltmeter. what i will do here eventually is run a wire down along with the current pickup coil and you can attach it directly to the underside of the lug/splitbolt. this will monitor the actual voltage directly on the output lug. the gauge will come with the pickup coil with long wires in a small expandable sleeve harness. i will add a wire to that for the voltage pickup as well. you pull the wire off the bottom of the lug anyway for the coil so while your there just attach the other wire and your good to go. when i put these up for sale you wont be buying just a gauge. this will be a kit and will come with connectors, tywraps, harnesses and everything you will need for the convert.

robkiller

When you are dont can you let us know the stats of the meters? How accurate its max and mins and so on. Also posting the install directions so we can see how involved it is?

Jimc

from the manufacturer that makes the electronics for the gauges rates frequency accuracy to .1hz and the volt and current meter at .5%. far more accurate than originals. i will post the instructions as a downloadable pdf. frequency meter install can be done in 5-10min. the volt/amp meter maybe 20min. drill 1 hole, fish a wire, hook up the ends and your done. besides drilling a 7/16" hole you only need a set of wire crimpers and a flat tip screwdriver.

3dAngus

Excited to try it out. PM sent. I'll print out the instuctions later, so please keep those posted. Thanks JIm. I hope all your hard work pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks