• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AMMPS 5/10/15KW Starter Source

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starting doing some snooping around for a source on these (spurred by a Parts Wanted posting). Cummins wants almost $900 for their NSN for this item... I know for a fact that its a buy-in for them (and of course if you know how to scour the web by NSN, you can ascertain certain manufacturers numbers for items).

So here is the baseline on the part:
starters nsn.png

Well 11.131.457 AZE6604 comes back to a MAHLE (who I guess owns Iskra) IS1234 (which is only a slight variation of the second Iskra item number).

Further snooping leads me here: http://www.letrika.mahle.com/katalog/letrikaletrika.html?lang=E&koda=IS1234

Well wouldn't you know, that item number comes back to MAHLE P/N MS 251

You can pick that starter up (seemingly) new at Summit Racing for $285 - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mah-ms251

Feel free to double check my work, but that appears to be the identical starter folks may need in the future. Hope this helps someone in the future.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can check here on the German Mahle Website:

MS251
best viewed on a PC
They listed the explosion drawings - you should be able to get the parts you need from Mahle direct to repair your starter

they also provide an explanation in German of why your starter is twisted:

IMG_7715.png

IMG_7714.png
IMG_7713.png

Prost Mahlzeit :beer:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can check here on the German Mahle Website:

MS251
best viewed on a PC
They listed the explosion drawings - you should be able to get the parts you need from Mahle direct to repair your starter

they also provide an explanation in German of why your starter is twisted:

View attachment 902069

View attachment 902070
View attachment 902071

Prost Mahlzeit :beer:
If you scroll it does have an english version so i was able to read the explanation. I guess i will be looking at the TM for a RELAY to make sure thats not faulty before fixing or putting in a new starter.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you scroll it does have an english version so i was able to read the explanation. I guess i will be looking at the TM for a RELAY to make sure thats not faulty before fixing or putting in a new starter.
I am on iPhone at the moment. That’s why I suggested to use a PC

As to the relay, on the AMMPS 10x0 this is controlled by ECS through Start / Stop / Switch and MPU
If the MPU / ECS is faulty, then Starter stays engaged and will twist

Welcome to the world of AMMPS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks