• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And the project begins

ivbeenrokd

So I brought home my new deuce last week and I'm ready to get going on it.

I picked up the HEMTT wheels and 15.5R20 Michelin's yesterday. I dropped off the wheels today at the machine shop to get them re-centered but it will be 2-3 weeks before they're able to get them finished.

If I can get everything I need here and I can get the time I plan to flip the hubs on Friday while my brother is in town.

Going to take all the kids for rides on Christmas Eve day and then start the body work on Monday.

I plan to take off everything I need to take off first and then start sanding what needs it.

I'm shooting for 1 day of tear down, 2 days sanding, and then paint it next Saturday.

I've attached a pic of the truck as is and a pic of the wheels and tires I picked up yesterday.

I'll be doing the 3 color camo to match the existing tops.

Attachments

ivbeenrokd

My brother and I got some time this afternoon so we went ahead and singled out the rears with the stock NDTs just to speed up the process of flipping the hubs next week.

It does look a little strange but it won't be like that long.

ivbeenrokd

My brother and I got some time this afternoon so we went ahead and singled out the rears with the stock NDTs just to speed up the process of flipping the hubs next week.

It does look a little strange but it won't be like that long.

ivbeenrokd

Finished sanding the bed yesterday. Heading to GA today to pick up some add-ons. Don't know if I'll come back with all this or not but here's what's on my list:

2 takeoff good fenders ( mine are rusted)
2 takeoff mirror brackets (mine are rusted)
Possibly a springer seat (I can't decide if I like having the storage under the seat or the springer better
12 left and 12 right front lug nuts to single out the rear Witt the HEMTT wheels
Heater parts to finish out my heater kit
Whistler turbo (if he has one)
Winch with all brackets and hardware

Too much work to do to get it painted Saturday but I'll get there.

ivbeenrokd

Finished sanding the bed yesterday. Heading to GA today to pick up some add-ons. Don't know if I'll come back with all this or not but here's what's on my list:

2 takeoff good fenders ( mine are rusted)
2 takeoff mirror brackets (mine are rusted)
Possibly a springer seat (I can't decide if I like having the storage under the seat or the springer better
12 left and 12 right front lug nuts to single out the rear Witt the HEMTT wheels
Heater parts to finish out my heater kit
Whistler turbo (if he has one)
Winch with all brackets and hardware

Too much work to do to get it painted Saturday but I'll get there.

ivbeenrokd

Well, the paint is mostly done as of Saturday night. It was a really hard week getting everything done that I needed to but I had a lot of help here and there from friends and family.

Due to packing too much in and did make a really stupid mistake. At 2:00AM Friday night/Saturday morning I pulled the truck out of the garage to drive it to the paint booth so we could tape it and spray it Saturday. However, I forgot to strap the hood down since the grill was removed. I made it about 2 miles down the road when the hood flew up. The hood is not wasted but it didn't damage anything else, so now i need a hood.

Went to the machine shop this morning and they're getting started on the wheels so hopefully I'll have them back in a week or 2.

Attachments

ivbeenrokd

Well, my dad and I flipped the hubs today. I don't have the wheels back yet so the stock NDTs are still on it. I thought it looked funny before with singled out NDTs, it looks really funny now.

joshs1ofakindxj

Looking good!

Did you take any more pictures from the side or rear with the dual tires singled and dished out? I was thinking about doing the same to my truck for a quick and dirty way to increase fuel mileage and drive-abiliy, yet keep the most width.

ivbeenrokd

Looking good!

Did you take any more pictures from the side or rear with the dual tires singled and dished out? I was thinking about doing the same to my truck for a quick and dirty way to increase fuel mileage and drive-abiliy, yet keep the most width.
I didn't take anymore than that. I honestly didn't care for it myself but that's just an opinion.

ivbeenrokd

Looks really nice. Have any more truck pictures? How do you like the lock outs on the front, steer easier?.
I'll try to get some more of the bedliner, inside, and outside. I like the lockouts. I assume it steers easier but I haven't driven it a ton yet. I know it steers easier than my last truck that didn't have lockouts but I think there are other factors involved there.

zout

DANG - that looks like a monster with that rubber on there - but it gives me chills I like it so much.

Nice job - I was wondering if you were going to change them all or not - was going to give you the phone number of my anal doctor if you were planning on hammering on them there rims & tires.

Why I say that - I changed out 20 tires and rims for 2 units - took me a day and a half per truck and I had to contact that # above when I was done.

Looks great fella

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks