• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another M1028a2

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a GSA M1028A2 truck today, maybe parts, but I'm crazy enough to put it back together, I think I have all the parts except a driveshaft. Note, I had to bring a tailgate, 4 wheels and tires and it has a bent front tie rod, no steering box, no doors, no engine, no trans, no transfercase, etc, just a shell with differentials. This thing shows 54 miles, that's right 54 miles, its clean, was used for parts, forestry fellow says engine and trans were stolen before they got it from other location. ( how would you steal the drivetrain without being noticed?)
The scrap in the back should pay for the trailer rental, I have the other M1028a2 as a re assembly guide.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not worth much....I'll pay you scrap value for it and throw in an extra $20..:p

I have a rustbucket M1009 that would provide all the needed parts.

Good find.

Disciple

I prefer my steering wheel a little low, but that's just ridiculous. Nice find! Mind sharing what you picked it up for?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to find but don't bring much. I tried to sell my restored A3 for months and finally got just over 4K. What did you pay for it?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sounds like a good canidate for the cummins swap. would like to do one myself.
Everything I've heard is that there are 300+/- of these trucks. They are rare. I sold mine because I have to move in 4 months, and picked my top choices to keep. In a few years, I have no doubt the duallys will be worth quite a bit.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a nice rust free truck Gerry. You gotta fix that one. Did you get anything good in the back?
Had time to find the steering box in the back, a bent door, batteries, a hood, plastic gas tank, a soft top for a convertible deuce?, troop seats (shot), scrap iron, split rim wheels, will look tomorrow maybe those magical unbent driveshafts will be in there too! (probably not). Any one know what this gas tank is for?

Attachments

Last edited:

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cleaned out the scrap before the snow. 4 batteries, scrap iron, dodge fender, bent up cucv door, split rims, genearal crap brough 86 bucks. Found front sway bar, 2 steering boxes, steering arm, only good surprises in back. Front tie rod all bent up from forklift. Rear stabalizer bolts cut off but everything else still there. No d/s's but they were probably bent anyway. Managed to get mangled back bumper off before the snow, braces still had nsn stickers on them, bolts like new! Bent up fron guard came off easy too. Truck really only has 54 miles on it, what a shame they used it for parts.

Attachments

Screamin' Metal

Had time to find the steering box in the back, a bent door, batteries, a hood, plastic gas tank, a soft top for a convertible deuce?, troop seats (shot), scrap iron, split rim wheels, will look tomorrow maybe those magical unbent driveshafts will be in there too! (probably not). Any one know what this gas tank is for?

Looks like one of the civi's plastic replacements for the trucks of those years....LMC has them....won't corrode and rust out....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks