• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M936A2 in the family

jwaller

your going to need a lot of help on that one. it's a mess. it went for a lot of money. CONGRATS!!!

I spoke with tim on site today as I was watching some things.

He said he doesn't have equipment big enough to lift it so whoever moves it will need a flatbed with winch and spend a few hours messing with the brakes so it will move.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with JWALLER. I'd be curious to hear what you end up with in that truck. They are hard to find parts for...and the parts are expensive when you can find them. I was afraid you were after that truck when you posted about the M816 vs. M936. I tried to steer you away from it. Not that I wanted it, though... Good luck, my friend. I've been there and done that. I hope you remember what I said about paying $3200 for an M925A2 and having $33K in it. Keep us posted...and keep the KY close.;-)

emr

ALL the BEST !! Looks like a go to me, that is one sweet truck and worth the effort in my eyes, I have never paid to much for anything I wanted, so I dought u have either. Love that thing, ...Randy

Crash_AF

I'm gonna put it in the front yard so the neighbors have something to complain about... LOL

It's officially mine now... GL invoiced me this afternoon, no EUC required for some reason.

Later,
Joe

Cdub

OUTSTANDING A2..........good luck with her and keep us posted on your progress.......:-D

BTW........We just love pics..........Hehehe.........

seya,

C'dub

Crash_AF

That NSN is for the 939 and 939A1

Thanks for keeping your eyes open. If anyone happens to come across an air compressor and PS pump for an A2, I am in need... my computer glitched and I wasn't able to get my next bid in before the auction ended for the engine in a can I was bidding on today :(

BTW, the NSN for the Sheppard (A2) box is 2530-01-339-8673

Later,
Joe

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just bought a rebuilt air compressor from this guy:

JR Roberts
REI Brake Supply
800-489-9860

He was great to deal with. It was around $350 + core for the compressor with a 1-year warranty. The only issue you will have is it won't come with any of the thread-in fittings that you will need to hook it up. They are all hardware store brass fittings though.

Attachments

halftrack

Hey Crash,

Congrats on your win. I just saw this thread. Welcome to not only the 900 club, but the A2 wrecker club. BTW, did you win the motor in Ft. Polk. Sorry I could not of previewed it for you.