• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another MV threatened by code enforcement

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was cited for having a 5 ton and the m934 box unit on the trailer on my property. The ordinance says "no vehicle over 8000lbs except consumer vehicles such as a dually" well the exception is the consumer vehicle part. Long stort short. The judge ruled that nothing that was previously owned by the military can be used for civilian or consumer use. Trucks, trailers, generators, not even a tent could be at my house. This coming from a judge that says he has more power than the president. I politely informed the judge he doesn't have the authority to rule on things inside my residence. Which is true. Environmental judge and court only has authority on whats on my property not inside anything. So i irritated him and decided to appeal it. Little be known no one has appealed his decision in a few years. Ill just take it to circuit court and let a jury figure out.

This would not be an issue except the judge ruled against the department of revenue and the tennessee highway patrols testimony and documentation that a 5 ton can be a personal vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper.....

Seems a vicious circle to me.

99nouns

Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper-Rock-Scissors-Paper.....

Seems a vicious circle to me.
Which never ends...

But I did learn to be the Air and let the God handle the bully...

saddamsnightmare

April 30th, 2017.

While we are discussing property and HOA's, also Code Enforcements, you DID realize that you had either bought into an HOA or a town/township with restrictions, didn't you? If you didn't know it, ignorance is no defense in the face of the law. And while it may be YOUR property, what you do with it does impact the neighbors and their properties in one way or the other. And yes, every neighborhood comes with busybodies.

If you want to control the HOA, get your friends on the board and change the rules, ditto with the town or township Codes and Code Enforcements. Otherwise, buy yourself land back in Hootin Hollow where only God, the Russians and yourself knows what goes on. Of course, your neighbors in the Hollow may or may not resemble some of the folks in Deliverance, but that goes with the territory. In any case, before you buy land or a house, you would do well to have a real estate lawyer spec out the restrictions and regulations before you drop your cash on the line, it seems to work better that way.

Just a thought for the wise.....:-|

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I have one neighbor we share a drive way he don't care one once what I do. Heck he didn't care when Wes and his trailer blocked his vehicles in. Township no hoa horse crap. I feel for you guys that have to deal with that crap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks