• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another MV threatened by code enforcement

maynard83

aua:mad::soapbox:This is got me so mad it's nuts. The city of Gulfport has a :evil:BAD JUDGE! He is misusing his court to bully my friend. The judge had my friend picked up for parking his m109 at his house because the judges son lives down the street and doesn't like the truck and calls daddy to get the big "ugly" truck moved out of the hood. the judge in court gave my buddy 30 days in jail and a fine effective immediately and no appeal then Buddy's lawyer said she would file anyway and the judge knew it would look bad so he backed up and gave her till 3pm next day to file which is almost impossible because he didn't fax her the paper work till 11:30am in Jackson and it has to be filled in person no fax! buddy got filed with court but judge was on the phone ranting to arrest my buddy and clerk told him no that he had filed. This is NOT over!:rant:

Not only is this a case of a conflict of interest, which means the judge should recuse himsefl, this is also abuse of judicial power. I think not only have your friends civil rights been violated, he has also been denied due process, and a fair trial. I can't believe this judge can actually get away with this, especially for what is at worse a traffic violation.

I hate to say this but contact the ACLU.

45 bravo

City Codes

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine who ows his own truck. He owns a new freightliner and parks it in his drive. They way he feels is its always clean and shiny, No trailer, Fits in his drive with room to spare and dont want to park at our shopping mall because it may get abused. One neigboor is upset about it says it creates a bad image. The city tells him that my friend can do it. He starts telling others in the neigboorhood that the truck is to heavy and tearing up the roads. The neighboor went as far as post a big painted piece of plywood in his front lawn stating the street should have weight limits. Then my friend shows him 2 spec sheets. One was for his freightliner weighing in at 16500 the other for a RV similar to the complaintants weighing in at 21200. He took the sighn down.:deadhorse:

Flyingvan911

How about the Bar Association? What about the state supreme court. I think they regulate the judges beneath them. It is a conflict of interest and probably illegal since he's trying to assess a penalty that it more severe than normal.

coyotegray

I live near the entrance of my complex. I have aobut 35 houses in the complex. I have 3 whinners continually complaining about my trucks. Last night someone tried to throw a rock through the windshield of my 1009 with a note attached to it. Police just left after taking the report.

They tried to get the builder to kick the truck out. He asked but I asked who was complaining, he refused to say so I refused to move. Then the police came but said it wasn't even worth the stop other than at least I offered them coffee. Guess that failed. Then they threw trash on my lawn and left a note in the mailbox. Now they are resorting to vandalism. What wonderful neighbors.
Time for video.

kastein

^ If that happened to me, I would leave the trash there and if hassled about it, note that my neighbors who don't like the look of an "ugly" truck apparently like the look of trash all over my lawn more, and that it will remain also until they pick it back up themselves.

ptg530C

Tell the "code enforcement" officer that you will file a lawsuit against him for harrasment in civil court if he continues. "Codes" are generally not "codified law" and are unenforceable in the eyes of the court. If you wind up in court, the judge will generally insist that an "arrangement" be made so thy dont have to hear the case. The threat usually works.

99nouns

I have front of my house used as a dedicated litter spot, I always thought it was the wind, now I see why on a 5 mile road stretch all the litter falls in front of my property. It must be the MV, and so funny that active littering is from one end of property to other and only my property, both next door neighbors and across the street got not even a piece of paper, I knew something was up... And I have no clue who is doing it, so I gave up picking up. So I look like a trashy person... They win...

Another Ahab

I have front of my house used as a dedicated litter spot, I always thought it was the wind, now I see why on a 5 mile road stretch all the litter falls in front of my property. It must be the MV, and so funny that active littering is from one end of property to other and only my property, both next door neighbors and across the street got not even a piece of paper, I knew something was up... And I have no clue who is doing it, so I gave up picking up. So I look like a trashy person... They win...
You might be right. But you don't know that for sure.

But it sure is curious, that much is certain.

florky

I'm probably the next one to be on the front page of the news!
So, back in Feb I received a letter from my POA attorney saying I was in violation of the covenants due to a boat, camper or trailer on property. Which was definitely true. I had 2 M1101, 1 M105A2 with a S250 shelter, an enclosed trailer, 3 M998 and a M931A2. All in my driveway! :) It was very hard to see the trailers from the road, and I figured my neighbors would like it better if they were not in my back yard. Well, after getting the letter and contacting my attorney for advice, a little bit of googling and discussing the matter with some other residents of my subdivision it was decided that I would move the trailers into my back yard.

Per the covenants, 17 B
No boat, boat trailer, or other trailer of any kind, camper, mobile home, motor home, or disabled vehicle shall be permitted to be parked or stored unless fully enclosed inside a structure.

Well a week later I get a second letter from the POA attorney telling me that I had 5 days to comply or the fine is $100 per day, per violation.

I sent them back this

Fence Definition:
A structure which encloses real property, wholly or partially, to impede entry and exit.

"... a fence ... refers to a structure which encloses wholly or partially some piece of (real) property so as to impede ingress and egress. It may be composed of anything so long as it creates a line of obstacle serving this purpose."

A fence is legally defined as a structure, and my trailers and other property are enclosed within that structure.
Therefore
I am NOT in violation of any of the covenants.
If the Board of Directors and its attorney wish to continue to harass me I will have no other option but to pursue legal action against the Board of Directors both wholly and individually.

Well, that shut them up. Kind of.................

Saturday I get a Notice of Zoning Violation from my county Zoning Department. (I live outside of the city limits of Daphne, AL in Baldwin County ) stating that I was operating an "Automobile Repair Business" on my property.

I wrote them back today and told them that all vehicles were titled, tagged and insured in my name. Nothing I have is for sale. I do not work on other peoples property. How could it be a business? It's a hobby and I work on my collection from time to time.

Apparently they did an inspection that I was unaware of, and I was probably right in the middle of blasting the deuce bed I put on my M931A2.

We'll see what happens next. I'm guessing the POA contacted them since they had no grounds to say anything about my "stuff"

IMG_2809.jpgIMG_2810.jpgIMG_2811.jpgIMG_2813.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If they use the uniform code which i am sure they so then you are allowed to work on your own things on your own property.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks