• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another MV threatened by code enforcement

ALFA2

Well, Happy New Year to All !

As for catching the sob's and to get their attention fot good, try a wireless infrared security camera kit, camera, transmiter, reciever, hookups to your computer, to burn a special DVD for police to look at. When you have an identifiable face and a prson in the act of commiting a crime of vandalism, the police will take it more seriously, since you did all of the work, you have a complaint, and you have phisical evidence as a witness, together this make the case easy to prosecute, police like thoses types of cases. Make sure to mount the camera in such a way, that the perp's face would be visible/ identifiable from some angle, top wiev or from beind will usualy not result in motivated police. In desparation, since the camera's have a batery power source, may be mount one in the cab, so that it looks out one of the potentual windows. Best Buy and Fry's Electronics have reasonobly good kits like that and they are on sale now, cheaper than before. Always make a DVD copy for police, keep the original, and tel them that YOU Want to Press Charges, and a Criminal Prosecution of the offender, also that you will be a witness for the prosecution.

May be this will help some.

ALFA2

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
In Florida you can shoot someone caught in the act of vandalizing your property. Its called the "Castle" Law. No need to warn them or call the police first.
I'm not so sure thats what the castle law is for, I'm pretty sure it means you can defend your life or the life of someone else, and are not required to flee your home/property before doing so. I don't think the DA would consider shooting someone for vandalizing a vehicle, or property an appropriate use of deadly force.

Blythewoodjoe

I hate to point out the insane, but your friend should get 6 of those low profile 20" tires that I see on really sad crown vic's around here and mount them on 6 deuce wheels, park his truck (couldn't drive it like that) and spend about 2 hours a day raising cain at town hall about the H1 until someone's head (other than his) blows up. Of course this will only work if he enjoys staring at people until they cry and stuff like that. Still, it could be fun.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two edged sword

I am recounting what happened to a Friend he lives near the gulf coast before Katrina few if any neighbors liked having a "old ugly big junk MV" in their hood but when water got high and he drove house to house picking folks off the roof in the middle of the storm and after when they were stuck on a high spot he would drive out and get food and water for them. They thought he was great but a few years go by and one of the same one that were saved from a bad swim called the code office to complain. luckily the officer has used good judgment and not been a big pain. I helped some by pointing out that the code that Mister ungrateful was citing also applied to his h1 hummer, it states no vehicles with tires over 35" tall can be kept in the hood! That has shut his mouth for now:-D
Thankfully, the scales of justice balances BOTH sides... Just as a two-edged-sword when swung back and forth cuts in both directions:!:

Be careful with any unlawful retaliatory strikes. Keep it legal, document it well, and the right will prevail.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

January 1st, 2009.

Carnac:

Man, I am really sorry for the situation you are in, but I also regret to tell you that Atlanta has the unfortunate combination of Georgia Crackers and Yankees, a very bad mixture. As the bumper sticker says "Paddle faster, I hear Banjo's".......:twisted: Quite a few of the residents of Atlanta (outside the Pen, that is) moved down there from the north, and often from the cities of the north, and they brought their attitudes and their bad driving habits with them. Now they want to recreate YAnkeeland in the sunny South, that way they get all they had up north without the snow....
Where you and I used to live in eastern West Virginia, the old boys tended not to worry so much about what you drove, as compared to what sort of neighbor you were. But as Washington, D.C. moved outwards, the newbies wanted to recreate the Washington suburbs and all the amenities, except they didn't want to pay Washington taxes..... Surprise, they brought all their problems with them along with increased taxes for the increased services wanted. Americans used to have a certain degree of common sense, and if you went too far outside the "box", you got a reputation and probably were shunned by most "respectable" people, today it seems that the Code enforcement officer, HOA's, and yes, even Lawyers, fill the gaps that common sense has left vacant. Today, most folks can't just mind their own business, they've got to mind everyone else's too, reminds me of the block "Minders" so popular in China, North Vietnam and North Korea.....

Enough of the rant. Get a security camera and record the peckerwoods at work, then call in the cop and say.... here's your suspect, go get them..... That oughta curl some hair.

I do hope the rest of this year goes better for you and for our esteemed Steel Soldiers members, otherwise its gonna be a rough start for 2010....:razz:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

TexAndy

I live near the entrance of my complex. I have aobut 35 houses in the complex. I have 3 whinners continually complaining about my trucks. Last night someone tried to throw a rock through the windshield of my 1009 with a note attached to it. Police just left after taking the report.

They tried to get the builder to kick the truck out. He asked but I asked who was complaining, he refused to say so I refused to move. Then the police came but said it wasn't even worth the stop other than at least I offered them coffee. Guess that failed. Then they threw trash on my lawn and left a note in the mailbox. Now they are resorting to vandalism. What wonderful neighbors.
Motion activated cameras. Like game cams.

Catch them in the act and then burn their ass.

I'm not so sure thats what the castle law is for, I'm pretty sure it means you can defend your life or the life of someone else, and are not required to flee your home/property before doing so. I don't think the DA would consider shooting someone for vandalizing a vehicle, or property an appropriate use of deadly force.
You're right, you have to be in fear of your life or bodily harm. But if someone is destroying my property, whos to say that im not next. Id rather shoot first and ask questions later in that case.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

stumps

Where you and I used to live in eastern West Virginia, the old boys tended not to worry so much about what you drove, as compared to what sort of neighbor you were. But as Washington, D.C. moved outwards, the newbies wanted to recreate the Washington suburbs and all the amenities, except they didn't want to pay Washington taxes..
The influx of Washington, DC folks to WVA had nothing to do with their desire to escape taxes, or recreate Washington suburbs, but rather everything to do with your state senators, Robert Bird, and Jay Rockefeller. They used their senatorial powers, and extensive earmarking, to force the Federal government to move major agencies out of the Washington, DC area into WVA. This caused budget busting expenses to the agencies, as roads and infrastructure had to be built, and was a major disruption to many, many families. The Washington DC folks that ended up in WVA did so because that is where their jobs went. Their other choice was unemployment.

-Chuck

chgofiveo

There are some people out there that only want things when THEY need them. He doesnt want to look at a deuce but when the crap hits the fan (again) he will be the first one begging for a ride.

I am a LEO and these are the same people who dont want to see police around, but are the first ones to complain about not seeing a cop around when something bad happens.

Thanks to the Media (Esp in Chicago)- If you ask any citizen, they will tell you that:

"Police Officers are the WORST people God put on the planet!!" I tell them, I find that to be true ... untill you need us! :-D

bjl8691

if people had a mv parked in there driveway why would anyone care i know i wont theres guys here that have all sorts of trucks campers harleys etc parked all around junk trucks in backyards doesnt bother me i would just try to buy them from you:-D

wozbean

January 1st, 2009.

Quite a few of the residents of Atlanta (outside the Pen, that is) moved down there from the north, and often from the cities of the north, and they brought their attitudes and their bad driving habits with them. Now they want to recreate YAnkeeland in the sunny South, that way they get all they had up north without the snow....
Man that hurts. I was born and raised in Ohio and have lived in ATL for 12 years now. That generalization hurts. BUT I am a hick yankee, my high school class consisted of 76 students. We raised animals and lived on a dirt road. I drive a truck, have firearms and believe in the Constitution.

I do love that Paddle Faster bumper sticker though.

I got written up by my HOA because the paint on my mailbox was faded and NOT green enough anymore. Wonder what they will say when there's a LARGE OD M35A2 in the driveway? Too green?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're right, you have to be in fear of your life or bodily harm. But if someone is destroying my property, whos to say that im not next. Id rather shoot first and ask questions later in that case.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.
Sounds perty' darn fair to me[thumbzup]

Nickathome

January 1st, 2009.

Carnac:

Man, I am really sorry for the situation you are in, but I also regret to tell you that Atlanta has the unfortunate combination of Georgia Crackers and Yankees, a very bad mixture. As the bumper sticker says "Paddle faster, I hear Banjo's".......:twisted: Quite a few of the residents of Atlanta (outside the Pen, that is) moved down there from the north, and often from the cities of the north, and they brought their attitudes and their bad driving habits with them. Now they want to recreate YAnkeeland in the sunny South, that way they get all they had up north without the snow....
Where you and I used to live in eastern West Virginia, the old boys tended not to worry so much about what you drove, as compared to what sort of neighbor you were. But as Washington, D.C. moved outwards, the newbies wanted to recreate the Washington suburbs and all the amenities, except they didn't want to pay Washington taxes..... Surprise, they brought all their problems with them along with increased taxes for the increased services wanted. Americans used to have a certain degree of common sense, and if you went too far outside the "box", you got a reputation and probably were shunned by most "respectable" people, today it seems that the Code enforcement officer, HOA's, and yes, even Lawyers, fill the gaps that common sense has left vacant. Today, most folks can't just mind their own business, they've got to mind everyone else's too, reminds me of the block "Minders" so popular in China, North Vietnam and North Korea.....

Enough of the rant. Get a security camera and record the peckerwoods at work, then call in the cop and say.... here's your suspect, go get them..... That oughta curl some hair.

I do hope the rest of this year goes better for you and for our esteemed Steel Soldiers members, otherwise its gonna be a rough start for 2010....:razz:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D
Sir you are an fine example of an ignorant hillbilly! You speak of us Yankees as though we are the scum of the earth, yet have you ever met a "yankee" and gotten to know one, to even form an educated opinion? I guess I can use the word "educated" in your case very loosely. You are clearly speaking from your arse and it shows. Not all of us Yankees are arrogant jerk-offs "with bad driving habits", just as not all southerners are toothless, cousin banging imbiciles, with a penchant for Skoal, homemade hooch, and NASCAR!

Cheers Jim Bob!

Last edited:

charlietango

this guy was selling his house 4 doors down across the street in December and asked me if I could hide the trucks for a month or so while he had people viewing. 8)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we have constrution company just inside the city limits my grandfather started in 1920 prior to zoning in our town . It was mostly farm land and a slaughter house just to the north of us. Inthe late 50's early 60's residential housing was built but we have a non-conforming use exmeption never had any problems til early 80's . Now whenever one of these houses sells we end up with zoning and code enforcement at our door. We hand them a copy of the lawsuit from the 80's the city lost and a copy of the letter from city manager at time stating we are in compilance and ask them if they would like to pay our legal fees again. Is usually good for about 2 years . Within 48 hrs of bringing the duece home last march code enforcment was at the door so i moved it up front by the road instead of way out back where you could not see it for a coupl months be fore i moved it up north to the hunting property i bought it for . I only plan to keep there a few days to service it after picking it up from GL . I also had the truck drivers make it a point to test the air horns during there daily pre-trip inspection for a week or so . just kind want ed to give a reason to bitch seeing as they already were .

saddamsnightmare

February 9th, 2010.

Mark Twain so aptly said:"Throw a rock over a high fence into a yard full of dogs, and generally, the dog that barks is the dog that's hit". I can't fault him for his wisdom. IT does seem that there are far too many busybodies who must mind everyone else's business, and yes, some HOA's do have "Street Captains" that function just like the Communist Street Minders of old (or new). If I am a illiterate hillbilly, so be it, but there are about four million people that I have talked with in my career that might say otherwise.

It seems that too many Steel Soldiers members are bothered with "Code Enforcers", "HOA's", city & county laws that attempt to tell you what you can and can't do with your property. If my friend from S.E. Pa. above feels that the rock landed on him unfairly, he sure acted like it didn't. I am very sorry to see that some members in Fairmont,W.Va. are being bothered with the busybodies, but then Fairmont is a college town just chock full of folks that don't always mind their own business (and, yes, I've been to both Fairmont and Atlanta, so I know what we're up against).
Personally, West Virginians are generally noted for their tolerance and freedom loving natures, but rarely do they take impositions well. If you doubt our views on the world, just ask Carnac, as he is suffering some problems with the gentrifiers in the Atlanta area. It is enough to concern me that I will look hard before I accept a position anywhere that they think they can tell me how I will use my own property. And generally, it is the working class that are getting displaced by higher and higher taxes in the growing urban areas, and it is in those growing urban areas that you DO run into people who have never lived on a farm, worked in a coal mine, or owned a truck, tractor or even, in my case, a locomotive.
I have seen farms and homesteads that have been in families hands for generations being forced to sell due to overpriced developments and subdivisions springing up around them raising the taxes beyond a sustainable amount. I have seen yuppies build their McMansions next to a working farm, and then sue the farmer for manure smells that don't respect their fences...... Who was there first? I have seen WWII veterans almost driven off their properties due to tax increases of 200-300%.

If folks care to take it personally, then that's their right, but for me, I will stand up for the poor sot that's being harassed, just to preserve their own, and my, liberties too. Move to Wisconsin if you like people taking your rights away to your own property without paying you for them.... I won't stop you! It's a free country, sort of!

Just my 2cents worth,
Have a ;-) Day!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)

Last edited:

bassetdeuce

January 1st, 2009.

Quite a few of the residents of Atlanta (outside the Pen, that is) moved down there from the north, and often from the cities of the north, and they brought their attitudes and their bad driving habits with them. Now they want to recreate YAnkeeland in the sunny South, that way they get all they had up north without the snow....
Yep, seems that way, don't it?. As a former yankee, I moved south to get away from the northern nanny state BS. Little did I realize, the subdivisions down here are filled with northern transplants. What is funny is the biggest neighborhood complainers or troublemakers, from my own experience in Daytona Beach and Deltona, without exception are ALL from... PENNSYLVANIA. There is even a cop at the end of our street with a Napoleon complex from PA. Now, does this mean all people from PA suck? No, of course not. However, my own experience does fit with your theory.

I'm going back to Yankeeland, but I'm going IN THE WOODS. That alone should make things better. Should I come back to the south, it will be Georgia or Alabama, and IN THE WOODS. I will only choose to live where there is FREEDOM.

:soapbox:

pigpenkiwi

i bought a my first house last December IT HAS A BLACK TOP DRIVE WAY AND A GRAVEL DRIVE WAY BESIDE IT WITH GRASS GROWING UP THROUGH IT I RE GRAVELED IT AND BORDERED IT WITH RAIL ROAD TIES AND CLEANED PLACE UP THEN CODE ENFORCMENT ARRIVED CAUSE GRAVEL IS NOT A APPROVED PARKING SURFACE CONCRET WOULD BE FINE THEY SAID STUPID I HAD TO BOARDED OFF A SECTION IN THE MIDDE AND THEN I PASSED

charlietango

I would have escorted them to the front tire of my Deuce for more details to come....
in all seriousness though guys cant you fight for your constitutional rights on this crap or do the lawyers have everything so chewed up in a rats nest that nothing can be done...? There are similar situations in Canada like this, by-law enforcers are just wanna-be cop's who failed to make the cut. They will go above and beyond to assert their 'authority' which is probably why they failed the police psychiatric tests in the first place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks