• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another North GA newbie

beemerphile

Hello from Danielsville, GA.

I am the new owner of a 1970 M35A2 that I just drove back from Maryland. THe trip was two days (in thunderstorms) and 609 miles. The truck and I were well acquainted by the time I arrived back home. I'll add some pics from the trip if I can figure out how to downsize or thumbnail them. Hopefully I won't start out in "time out" for posting violations.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/img0313vr.jpg/

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! There are a lot of us up in North Georgia with MVs. You definitely must come to the Georgia Rally October 10 - 14. Several of us convoyed to the 2011 rally from North Georgia and I suspect we'll do the same this year.

197thhhc

Hey, I just sent you some headlights. Its good to see you on SS. If you need anything in the future PM me here. I give a 10% discount to SS members if they dont use ebay. My savings in fees is your saving in cash. Good luck with your truck.

beemerphile

You've got a sharp looking truck! It looked good when I passed you going the opposite direction on I81 in Virginia!
Small world indeed. Thanks for the shout. I am not so sure that those traveling the same direction that I was were as happy to see me - esp. truckers. However, according to my GPS I was managing to hold above 47 mph and as good as 53 mph without exceeding 2400 rpm. It held speed great on the hills.

beemerphile

Hey, I just sent you some headlights. Its good to see you on SS. If you need anything in the future PM me here. I give a 10% discount to SS members if they dont use ebay. My savings in fees is your saving in cash. Good luck with your truck.
Good to know. I make it a point to learn everything the hard way so I remember it better.

kastein

Small world indeed. Thanks for the shout. I am not so sure that those traveling the same direction that I was were as happy to see me - esp. truckers. However, according to my GPS I was managing to hold above 47 mph and as good as 53 mph without exceeding 2400 rpm. It held speed great on the hills.
You'd be surprised. Driving my 5 ton I get a smile and a wave from almost every trucker that passes me. A lot of the guys driving those rigs love to see old iron still rolling down the road.

beemerphile

clean up the filiters, will give you a easy 50
Air filters? BTW, I am sure I could have held over 50, however I was unfamiliar with it and I wanted to make sure I didn't wring it out due to stupidity. I spent most of the trip between 2000-2300 rpm. I stayed pretty well away from the DANGER decal.

CycleJay

Beemerphile,

Welcome to Steel Soldiers, from Marietta, Ga.

If you ever need any assistance, feel free to ask me.
I would be glad to do what I can.

Good night,

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OK, these trucks will run a easy 50, if running good and still stay under tach, I drove a loaded deuce from ga to wi, did a easy 50+ (900x20s), never needed to get up on tach. as you get used to your truck, things will fall into place. I understand you taking it easy till you know the truck

beemerphile

Nice welcomes here. I believe the MV crowd is even closer knit than my adventure motorcycling buds - which is saying something.

@197thhhc> the 11x20's have light sidewall checking and good tread, so that should give me time to understand what 395's are.