• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another North GA newbie

beemerphile

Hello from Danielsville, GA.

I am the new owner of a 1970 M35A2 that I just drove back from Maryland. THe trip was two days (in thunderstorms) and 609 miles. The truck and I were well acquainted by the time I arrived back home. I'll add some pics from the trip if I can figure out how to downsize or thumbnail them. Hopefully I won't start out in "time out" for posting violations.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/img0313vr.jpg/

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! There are a lot of us up in North Georgia with MVs. You definitely must come to the Georgia Rally October 10 - 14. Several of us convoyed to the 2011 rally from North Georgia and I suspect we'll do the same this year.

197thhhc

Hey, I just sent you some headlights. Its good to see you on SS. If you need anything in the future PM me here. I give a 10% discount to SS members if they dont use ebay. My savings in fees is your saving in cash. Good luck with your truck.

beemerphile

You've got a sharp looking truck! It looked good when I passed you going the opposite direction on I81 in Virginia!
Small world indeed. Thanks for the shout. I am not so sure that those traveling the same direction that I was were as happy to see me - esp. truckers. However, according to my GPS I was managing to hold above 47 mph and as good as 53 mph without exceeding 2400 rpm. It held speed great on the hills.

beemerphile

Hey, I just sent you some headlights. Its good to see you on SS. If you need anything in the future PM me here. I give a 10% discount to SS members if they dont use ebay. My savings in fees is your saving in cash. Good luck with your truck.
Good to know. I make it a point to learn everything the hard way so I remember it better.

kastein

Small world indeed. Thanks for the shout. I am not so sure that those traveling the same direction that I was were as happy to see me - esp. truckers. However, according to my GPS I was managing to hold above 47 mph and as good as 53 mph without exceeding 2400 rpm. It held speed great on the hills.
You'd be surprised. Driving my 5 ton I get a smile and a wave from almost every trucker that passes me. A lot of the guys driving those rigs love to see old iron still rolling down the road.

beemerphile

clean up the filiters, will give you a easy 50
Air filters? BTW, I am sure I could have held over 50, however I was unfamiliar with it and I wanted to make sure I didn't wring it out due to stupidity. I spent most of the trip between 2000-2300 rpm. I stayed pretty well away from the DANGER decal.

CycleJay

Beemerphile,

Welcome to Steel Soldiers, from Marietta, Ga.

If you ever need any assistance, feel free to ask me.
I would be glad to do what I can.

Good night,

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OK, these trucks will run a easy 50, if running good and still stay under tach, I drove a loaded deuce from ga to wi, did a easy 50+ (900x20s), never needed to get up on tach. as you get used to your truck, things will fall into place. I understand you taking it easy till you know the truck

beemerphile

Nice welcomes here. I believe the MV crowd is even closer knit than my adventure motorcycling buds - which is saying something.

@197thhhc> the 11x20's have light sidewall checking and good tread, so that should give me time to understand what 395's are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks