• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

100dollarman

Can't wait. I have decided to upgrade to the HEMTT wheels. Will call you to figure out the details $$$ Looks good. Hope the helpers had a good holiday weekend.

The 100dollarman wheels will be a nice upgrade!!! Duly noted. I also want to confirm which 46" tire we will use--- Michelin XML or Goodyear MVT-- I have both in stock. (same price)
Still waiting on the Fab shop on my wheel centers- should get a report on those today--- I have had trouble keeping the wheels in stock, so I DOUBLED my last order--- but most of those are already sold!!! Need to place another order!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should send pics to Harrison Ford when you're done.

:)

Last edited:

MConstantbabble

A little progress on #22-- a long weekend and a couple of sick (maybe hungover?) employees have slowed work on her a bit!

I am going to close the gap between the bed and cab on this one 4" and see how that works-

couple of pics-

...just curious, why are you shortening the bed to cab gap?

100dollarman

...just curious, why are you shortening the bed to cab gap?

We have been ending up with about a 12" or so gap the way we have been putting them together. Mostly because its "easier" to make everything work this way for us when Fabricating. I have had several ask "why such a gap". So I have been thinking about how to close it up a bit without causing me too much extra work.

I'll give it a try and see how it works out----

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So here's my two questions, When you use the deuce front springs do you have to put a spacer raising the rear or is it equal to the front. second question is: the XM381 specs say the rear springs have 19 leaves and no shocks. Any idea what they actually used?:confused:

100dollarman

So here's my two questions, When you use the deuce front springs do you have to put a spacer raising the rear or is it equal to the front. second question is: the XM381 specs say the rear springs have 19 leaves and no shocks. Any idea what they actually used?:confused:
No spacer- or 'block needed when using front deuce springs-

sorry- I dont know what XM381 is.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The XM 381 was the origional prototype bobbed deuce by Detroit Arsenal in 1955.:beer:

100dollarman

Sneaker gave me a little more time to get this one done, so I have spent time on a couple other trucks this week that had to get done---

But we got the trailer frame prepped and boxed and tacked in. Monday we'll weld it all up, get the driveshaft modified to the correct length, and have some u-bolts custom made to fit. Need to build a couple of spring mounting plates too.
Then we will get the trailer bed set and bolted down, put a set of 395/85-r20 XMLs on 100dollarman wheels, change the top out for a new tan one (I THINK I have one-still need to check). Working on getting some stock mirrors hooked up.
After all that is done, the truck will get a fresh coat of TAN paint!!!

edit- The trailer axle is in this pic-- still need to set the rear axle under it too. It'll have flipped hubs.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard rumor of a Hundy Mobile Man Cave - where's da pics??

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUG- Ya say you are a mechanic, but I am starting to think maybe FBI or CIA or something...8):-D

Maybe I'll start a build thread!:grd:

I'll at least post a couple pics when I get a minute!LOL
I was thinking about a Mobile Bar/Strip Club with a tire shop in the back. Maybe haul a box trailer with some gear/tires and customers can wait in the "club" while their truck is getting serviced.

Just a thought.

100dollarman

We picked up some adaptor plates for our 100dollarman wheels today--- and some machined out wheels. Only 6 were ready-- this will get me through the weekend. The balance of my large order should be ready Mon or Tues for pu.

The plate is chamfered on the other side--

I will get some 'put together' pics when we do some for Sneaker's Bobber next week.:driver:

I like to bolt these to the outside of the wheel, and then weld them to the outer 1/2 of the wheel on the inside. Then, whenever you unbolt them, the plate will be part of the outer half of the wheel.

Attachments

100dollarman

100DOLLARMAN.com mobile ManCave!

I was thinking about a Mobile Bar/Strip Club with a tire shop in the back. Maybe haul a box trailer with some gear/tires and customers can wait in the "club" while their truck is getting serviced.

Just a thought.

www.100dollarman.com mobile ManCave!!! I picked up this 1987 MCI MC9 40' bus the other day off of Craigslist. 6V92 Detroit/ Allison auto trans. This thing is supercharged AND turbo charged!!!:grd:

I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet---- suggestions and photoshops welcome! I am thinking maybe motorhome conversion,

or MANCAVE! Shag carpet, leather recliners and couch, wet bar, keggerator, 65" LED TV, kickin sound system, etc!!! (I'm too old to install a stripper pole!)

The bus is in pretty good condition--- runs and drives nice-- all air ride-- and quieter inside than I expected. Anyways, I got it on the cheap. The inside has already been stripped-- but I still have alot of work to do! Should be fun!

Attachments

davidkroberts

my personal recommendation would be a pintle hitch for the rear and a tasteful paint job in OD tan. I would have the company logo stenciled on the side and have it as a big tax write off as a promotional vehicle. Using the rear pintle for pulling a trailer with "show vehicle." On the inside I would make the front half a nice lounge area with wet bar and leather couches and LCD TV for Ball games and such and in the rear a living area.

The blue captains chairs I would recover with OD or Camo covering and mount them in a truck as a seat upgrade. You can buy the air-ride pedestal and save some money not having to buy the seat.

P.S. Your never too old for a stripper pole

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks