• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

100dollarman

Can't wait. I have decided to upgrade to the HEMTT wheels. Will call you to figure out the details $$$ Looks good. Hope the helpers had a good holiday weekend.

The 100dollarman wheels will be a nice upgrade!!! Duly noted. I also want to confirm which 46" tire we will use--- Michelin XML or Goodyear MVT-- I have both in stock. (same price)
Still waiting on the Fab shop on my wheel centers- should get a report on those today--- I have had trouble keeping the wheels in stock, so I DOUBLED my last order--- but most of those are already sold!!! Need to place another order!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should send pics to Harrison Ford when you're done.

:)

Last edited:

MConstantbabble

A little progress on #22-- a long weekend and a couple of sick (maybe hungover?) employees have slowed work on her a bit!

I am going to close the gap between the bed and cab on this one 4" and see how that works-

couple of pics-

...just curious, why are you shortening the bed to cab gap?

100dollarman

...just curious, why are you shortening the bed to cab gap?

We have been ending up with about a 12" or so gap the way we have been putting them together. Mostly because its "easier" to make everything work this way for us when Fabricating. I have had several ask "why such a gap". So I have been thinking about how to close it up a bit without causing me too much extra work.

I'll give it a try and see how it works out----

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So here's my two questions, When you use the deuce front springs do you have to put a spacer raising the rear or is it equal to the front. second question is: the XM381 specs say the rear springs have 19 leaves and no shocks. Any idea what they actually used?:confused:

100dollarman

So here's my two questions, When you use the deuce front springs do you have to put a spacer raising the rear or is it equal to the front. second question is: the XM381 specs say the rear springs have 19 leaves and no shocks. Any idea what they actually used?:confused:
No spacer- or 'block needed when using front deuce springs-

sorry- I dont know what XM381 is.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The XM 381 was the origional prototype bobbed deuce by Detroit Arsenal in 1955.:beer:

100dollarman

Sneaker gave me a little more time to get this one done, so I have spent time on a couple other trucks this week that had to get done---

But we got the trailer frame prepped and boxed and tacked in. Monday we'll weld it all up, get the driveshaft modified to the correct length, and have some u-bolts custom made to fit. Need to build a couple of spring mounting plates too.
Then we will get the trailer bed set and bolted down, put a set of 395/85-r20 XMLs on 100dollarman wheels, change the top out for a new tan one (I THINK I have one-still need to check). Working on getting some stock mirrors hooked up.
After all that is done, the truck will get a fresh coat of TAN paint!!!

edit- The trailer axle is in this pic-- still need to set the rear axle under it too. It'll have flipped hubs.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard rumor of a Hundy Mobile Man Cave - where's da pics??

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUG- Ya say you are a mechanic, but I am starting to think maybe FBI or CIA or something...8):-D

Maybe I'll start a build thread!:grd:

I'll at least post a couple pics when I get a minute!LOL
I was thinking about a Mobile Bar/Strip Club with a tire shop in the back. Maybe haul a box trailer with some gear/tires and customers can wait in the "club" while their truck is getting serviced.

Just a thought.

100dollarman

We picked up some adaptor plates for our 100dollarman wheels today--- and some machined out wheels. Only 6 were ready-- this will get me through the weekend. The balance of my large order should be ready Mon or Tues for pu.

The plate is chamfered on the other side--

I will get some 'put together' pics when we do some for Sneaker's Bobber next week.:driver:

I like to bolt these to the outside of the wheel, and then weld them to the outer 1/2 of the wheel on the inside. Then, whenever you unbolt them, the plate will be part of the outer half of the wheel.

Attachments

100dollarman

100DOLLARMAN.com mobile ManCave!

I was thinking about a Mobile Bar/Strip Club with a tire shop in the back. Maybe haul a box trailer with some gear/tires and customers can wait in the "club" while their truck is getting serviced.

Just a thought.

www.100dollarman.com mobile ManCave!!! I picked up this 1987 MCI MC9 40' bus the other day off of Craigslist. 6V92 Detroit/ Allison auto trans. This thing is supercharged AND turbo charged!!!:grd:

I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet---- suggestions and photoshops welcome! I am thinking maybe motorhome conversion,

or MANCAVE! Shag carpet, leather recliners and couch, wet bar, keggerator, 65" LED TV, kickin sound system, etc!!! (I'm too old to install a stripper pole!)

The bus is in pretty good condition--- runs and drives nice-- all air ride-- and quieter inside than I expected. Anyways, I got it on the cheap. The inside has already been stripped-- but I still have alot of work to do! Should be fun!

Attachments

davidkroberts

my personal recommendation would be a pintle hitch for the rear and a tasteful paint job in OD tan. I would have the company logo stenciled on the side and have it as a big tax write off as a promotional vehicle. Using the rear pintle for pulling a trailer with "show vehicle." On the inside I would make the front half a nice lounge area with wet bar and leather couches and LCD TV for Ball games and such and in the rear a living area.

The blue captains chairs I would recover with OD or Camo covering and mount them in a truck as a seat upgrade. You can buy the air-ride pedestal and save some money not having to buy the seat.

P.S. Your never too old for a stripper pole