• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

ODw/envy

Ok, I'll bite why chop up deuces or trailer. You could easly four link the rear for the price of a good trailer. Throw some bags under there. Easy. You already have an air system. They are quite reliable. Cut the OE bed to length (Personally prefer that), and call her good. Btw there are after market gear sets (4.56 I think) and detroit lockers available. Soft ride and flexable when empty with great load capacity when aired up.

If you really want cool. Put a 5 ton front, for rear steer under there, with the same set up. 2.5 ton full length deuce that parks like a Miata. Now that would rock.[thumbzup]

Anyone popping stock axles w/ super singles? I've heard some gripes down on to boarder.

Last edited:

100dollarman

Ok, I'll bite why chop up deuces or trailer. You could easly four link the rear for the price of a good trailer. Throw some bags under there. Easy. You already have an air system. They are quite reliable. Cut the OE bed to length (Personally prefer that), and call her good. Btw there are after market gear sets (4.56 I think) and detroit lockers available. Soft ride and flexable when empty with great load capacity when aired up.

If you really want cool. Put a 5 ton front, for rear steer under there, with the same set up. 2.5 ton full length deuce that parks like a Miata. Now that would rock.[thumbzup]

Anyone popping stock axles w/ super singles? I've heard some gripes down on to boarder.

Sure sounds easy when you say it!!! Good plan. Post up pics when you git 'er done!

Havent heard of any broken axles yet.

100dollarman

my personal recommendation would be a pintle hitch for the rear and a tasteful paint job in OD tan. I would have the company logo stenciled on the side and have it as a big tax write off as a promotional vehicle. Using the rear pintle for pulling a trailer with "show vehicle." On the inside I would make the front half a nice lounge area with wet bar and leather couches and LCD TV for Ball games and such and in the rear a living area.

The blue captains chairs I would recover with OD or Camo covering and mount them in a truck as a seat upgrade. You can buy the air-ride pedestal and save some money not having to buy the seat.

P.S. Your never too old for a stripper pole

I like the way you think!!! I havent had time to do anything to the bus yet, but I have been on the intardnet waaay too much doing my research! Till 3am this morning!
Yesterday I drove it around for about an hour to check it out more. Drives awesome! I went by O'Reillys and picked up some freon for the a/c. It is cool, but could be colder. I am going to put a gauge on the system today to see if I can add some r134a.

Brianmontesa

Hey there, My name is Brian.

I have a bobbed deuce and a half. I am looking to get different wheels. Stock is fine but with big tires and the offset, you get some rubbing.

Somebody said you may have an idea where to get these.

Thanks!

100dollarman

Hey there, My name is Brian.

I have a bobbed deuce and a half. I am looking to get different wheels. Stock is fine but with big tires and the offset, you get some rubbing.

Somebody said you may have an idea where to get these.

Thanks!

Hi Brian--

I have '100dollarman' wheels- they are HEMTT wheels that have the 10 lug milled out, and we build a plate that converts the pattern to a deuce hub. They cost $325 each and they are in stock.

100dollarman

Had some delays last week and didnt make any progress on #22:cry:
But we are back on it, and I hope to make some good progress this week!:D

Got the axle bolted in, the spacers and hold-downs fabbed up for the bed, and pre-painted the back of the cab and the bed. Picking up the custom length drive-shaft today.

Still need to get the mirrors back on, set bed, assemble and install wheels and tires (customer gave the 'go' on 100dollarman wheels with 395 Goodyear MVTs!), then paint, and its getting a new tan soft top! We/re gettin' there-- slowly, but surely!!!8)

:beer:

Attachments

100dollarman

This morning's progress report on Sneaker's Bobber---[thumbzup]

Got all the Goodyear 395/85-r20 MVTs mounted and wheels painted (not shown), and test fitted. Put rollers back on for when we paint-

Got the bed mounted. Old soft top is off. Working on mirros. One thing that may take some time--- This truck was in the movie 'Indiana Jones'-- they had chopped the wires for the turn signals off and bolted on an earlier design light to fit the era of the movie better. I have the correct lights bolted on, but now I need to wire them up-- not looking forward to that!:cry:;-)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks