• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a pic to Harrison Ford to see if he remembers it...................

100dollarman

All caught up on Bobber orders right now-- have a couple of guys ready to pull the trigger, but until that happens I am thinking about what project to do next.
I have this really nice M818 (10K miles- really good shape)---- it was sold and was supposed to be picked up today, but the customer bailed! This seems to happen alot lately!:sad: But now I am thinking about doing something with it-- maybe HEMTTs and 53" tires, or maybe a Bobber? Or a camper conversion? Or?

Attachments

100dollarman

get a trailer and make it a camper for that m818

I would love to--- but I prob wont unless it is for a customer. I have too many trailers already! I think the hot set-up would be to cleanly mount a travel trailer on the back and also a ball hitch out back to pull the toys or whatnot. The travel trailer would already have all the elect and plumbing and interior. I think it would be (in some ways) better and easier than converting a box.

Rattlewagon

She is going to stay at my father in laws in Oregon till the wife retires from the Air Force.

ahhhh. I looked it up one day a while ago and mapped it out. I live just outside of washington PA and it would take me 2400 Miles and something like 40 hours to drive one back from hundy's place...

When I pictured you putting down the highway in that rig for a week straight, my back started to ache! ;-)

My father in law just clocked 2600 miles from London, OH to Roseburg, OR in his new deuce. He was out here visiting and went to Roger's Military Surplus to look with me and Roger sold him a good runner. Truck made it all the way with no problems except the lower radiator hose needed to be replaced.

The drive took him 5 days at 55mph.... Lots of pictures, lots of stories, he had a good time. But yes it was not like driving a caddy :-D

Brentzilla

Thanks for helping me early this morning on the phone and being honest about shipping prices and stuff. I ended up pulling the trigger and buying a bobbed one out here that needs a little work. Im sure Ill be bugging everyone on the board over the next few months trying to learn about them :mrgreen:

I didnt pay anywhere close to that sticker, btw.
Silverado bed is first to go once I find a M101 for a good price locally!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks