• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna mount ID needed

wilfreeman

2013-07-23 13.22.03.jpg2013-07-23 13.21.50.jpg2013-07-23 13.21.34.jpgCan anybody identify this antenna mount? It came with a bunch of radios and power supplies I bought from a fellow G503 member. It looks like a very well made mount, but not a production piece. So, can someone identify it, or did bubba make it?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an early M-151 jeep corner mt. for an AB-15 Ant. base when used with the
older GRC- SETS(tube type Korean vintage stuff) mainly the VRC- 8,9,10 RADIO SETS
I had a couple hundred of them N.O.S back in the day......scraped most of em...nobody
wanted the older stuff in their 151's wanted the "Sexier" big corner mt. W/ AS-1729 Fiberglass ant. whipped over and lookin
all cool.......lol.
And as a P.S. that was a production run
piece.....most made in Lex. Ky at LBAD
or it's sister Depot in Tobyhana,Pa. . ..Bill

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Cool - thanks for the info! I was able to find one pic in an old G503 thread later last night - and it wasn't a very good pic either. I will examine the mount again today for an NSN or other identifier - I still haven't been able to find out what it is (nomenclature). I'm trying to get a positive id so I will know a little about it before I offer the stuff I am not going to use for sale. Here's the pic I did find:antenna mount 2.jpg