• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna mount ID needed

wilfreeman

2013-07-23 13.22.03.jpg2013-07-23 13.21.50.jpg2013-07-23 13.21.34.jpgCan anybody identify this antenna mount? It came with a bunch of radios and power supplies I bought from a fellow G503 member. It looks like a very well made mount, but not a production piece. So, can someone identify it, or did bubba make it?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an early M-151 jeep corner mt. for an AB-15 Ant. base when used with the
older GRC- SETS(tube type Korean vintage stuff) mainly the VRC- 8,9,10 RADIO SETS
I had a couple hundred of them N.O.S back in the day......scraped most of em...nobody
wanted the older stuff in their 151's wanted the "Sexier" big corner mt. W/ AS-1729 Fiberglass ant. whipped over and lookin
all cool.......lol.
And as a P.S. that was a production run
piece.....most made in Lex. Ky at LBAD
or it's sister Depot in Tobyhana,Pa. . ..Bill

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Cool - thanks for the info! I was able to find one pic in an old G503 thread later last night - and it wasn't a very good pic either. I will examine the mount again today for an NSN or other identifier - I still haven't been able to find out what it is (nomenclature). I'm trying to get a positive id so I will know a little about it before I offer the stuff I am not going to use for sale. Here's the pic I did find:antenna mount 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks