• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any interest in a Houston-Galveston Area Rally?

What is GOOD weekend to hold the rally(Houston - Galveston Area)

• May 18 - May 20

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • June 1 - June 3

• June 15 - 17

• June 29 - July 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m715mike

Mark Saturday, February 8th on the calendar. We can meet in Montgomery at The Pizza Shack. There is a big parking lot with plenty of room for us. We can go for a drive and eat afterwards, or just meet for lunch. I'll poll the group when it gets closer and post more details. The Pizza Shack's owner is a buddy of mine and will join us for a ride and/or lunch.

TAMU86

Party of one....

Have been following your plans to meet and planned to attend today. My account has been locked out for the last three days so couldn't post a Hello and introduction.

Visited with the assistant mgr and tried out some great food. Hopefully the pictures are attached properly.

Hope to catch up with you all at the next restaurant...

lostintexas

TAMU86,

Sorry I bailed. The M1009 is still down after messing with it all day. Looks like a new fuel issue, time to do some reading and hope to have it going for Feb. Looks like some good food and hate I missed you.

-L.I.T.

anjay22

I am sorry too that I couldn't make it too. I had to fix my solenoid on my starter, finish packing up my 105 with my camping gear from Christmas break, pick up some troop seats and drop side bed panels, if anyone needs any, and I had a family birthday party to go at 1800. I apologize to everyone especially TAMU86 (Gig em) for attending the party for one. As for Mike, lets raid the Pizza Shack! It that the one near Brookshire Brothers? If so, we should meet someplace and convoy. I know that myself and three other guys from Cypress and Tomball can meet somewhere in Magnolia to convoy over.

m715mike

TAUM86 - Sorry to hear you were a party of one!! I see you are in Montgomery. At least 3 people told me yesterday that they have seen your truck in town recently. Have you driven it on Walden road? -Mike (TAMU Class of 02).

Anjay22 - Yes Sir. The Pizza Shack is next to Brookshire Bros in Montgomery. I am game to meet in Magnolia on Feb 8 and convoy to lunch. The Pizza Shack has one room that can be reserved for groups. My buddy said we can have it. Let's storm the place for some great food!

TAMU86

Howdy fellow Ag - m715mike

Yes. Reside down River Road'ish at the end of Walden Drive. Try to get the Duece out at least every other weekend to keep her running. Brought her down from Kansas late November during the first Arctic front that made the recovery very interesting given there was no heater active in the Duece. Working on the truck this weekend performing a few misc. tasks.

Just learned of the G.I. Museum in College Station and their annual March event so trying to plan time to be there to experience the event, and make new friends and learn as much as I can on other vehicles.

Just learned of the G.I. Museum in College Station and their event in late March. Plan on attending to experience the event, meet new friends, and learn as much as I can on other vehicles.

Will make the Feb 8th Pizza Shack event and see ya there… is not sooner if we run into each other on the road.

Gig'em

anjay22

TAMU86, I will be attending the MAGI event in College Station. I do WWII living history and will be setting up a display with my unit and that same weekend, there should be a camping event with a bunch of mv'ers at the off road park in bryan. You can drive trails and have tons of fun with other folks its a great time. I will find the info for you guys.

anjay22

All,

Are we still on for Feb 8th? Where would you guys like to meet? I was thinking in the Kroger parking lot on the corner of 1488 and Hornea Egypt or Magnolia High School in Magnolia.

m715mike

Feb 8th is on for me. I vote for Kroger at FM 1488 and Honea Egypt. How does 10:30am sound? We can meet and then head to The Pizza Shack for lunch.

anjay22

You are more than welcome treiz! We are meeting on Feb 8th in Magnolia at the corner of 1488 and Hornea Egypt at 1100. We will meet in the parking lot and convoy to the Pizza shack in Montgomery to make a grand entrance. Super exciting! lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks