• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Regrets Bobbing Your Deuce?

Mark2X2

After a lot of thinking I decided not to shorten my bed yet. here are pics of how it looks with 46" tires. only have about 200 miles on it so far but those have been fun. haven't carried much weight with it yet about 4000lb but it handled that with ease. so far i would not go back.

Joshua,
Really like your single axle Deuce, best of both worlds. Just wondering how the braking is? I've read in differn't threads a bobbed deuce is about 10,500 and stock is 13,300. So I'm guessing your at about 11,500 dropping an axle, and six smaller tires and rims, but then you come back some with the bigger tires. So I'm wondering after dropping an axle with a set of brakes, where are you at for stopping power?
Thanks,

joshuaz223

Booger; i used stock deuce front springs and hangers.

Mark2X2; braking seems good. i rebuilt the airpak, master cylinder and all the wheel cylinders. i haven't tried but i believe it would skid the tires.

Lonesome715: even with the bigger tires it seems peppier if thats a word. around town it's a little better. it coasts better and turns easier and smoother.

Mark2X2

To Bob or Not to Bob?

Anybody ever regret bobbing there Deuce? It's not like a bad hair cut that grows back in a couple weeks. When its wacked there is no turning back. Just wondering.

Thanks everyone for your responses! I think I made up my mind to keep my Deuce a tandem for a while yet. But going to do these mods. I keep thinking about a bob job, but the truck will still weigh #10,500. Kind of a heavy truck, not really good for "Treading Lite" So I will leave it whole and use it to haul my Rokons and Quads to where I want to ride them, and still have a truck I can haul a big load of fire wood with.

1) Have a line on a 5 ton Multi power steering pump. So I will start with hydraulic power steering.
2) Have line on 11.00-20 tires, so will do the hub flip and run singles.
3) Install lock out hubs.
After these mods are done, will drive a while and see how I like it.
As I find the parts and money to buy them, going to do these mods also.
My Wish List:
4) Muffler
5) Electric wipers.
6) Better seats.
7) Reciever hitch and 12vdc trailer brake control and lights.
8) Battery shut off, hidden for theft prevention.
9) Winch
10) Dump bed

oldshep

i dont regret bobbing mine at all. i would like to get a 6x6 now though just to have one and to haul bigger loads. wish i could buy 10 more trucks to be honest:twisted:

plym49

Um, what language is that?
Translate mode on:

like your deuce u know were i can find 1 i live in va i wann 1 with a bed on 1 so if u can help out let me know n tu

means:

I like your Deuce! Do you know where I can find one? I live in Virginia. I want one with a bed on it, so if you can help me out, let me know. Thank you!

A

A/C Cages

Thats Texting Slang
Makes no sence to me either and thats why I have testing turned off on my phone. You want me, you call me.

As for bobbers, I cant wait till mine is finally done so I can drive it.

Seth_O

Zero regrets for having done it. I bought mine with the intention to bob it from day one. I purchased an M105 and picked it up on the way home from my truck recovery. After the ~750 mile recovery drive I briefly considered keeping it stock since it was surprisingly driveable and the 12' bed was pretty useful. Ultimately I stuck with my plan to bob.

I would only do 2 things differently: 1) deuce front springs vs M105 suspension, I loved how inexpensive the M105 setup was and how much weight it can carry but I am not keen on the lift blocks; 2) I would have moved the bed back a little more from the cab, left room for the spare tire and possible a fuel tank in front of the bed.

I love the aggressive look of the M105 bed, and the truck is a blast to drive. Also, in CA it's considerably more complicated and expensive to register and drive a 3 axle truck.

A

A/C Cages

Mine will have the deuce dropside bed. I like dropsides even though they are noisy and take longer to open and close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks