• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody win at Ft Riley?

cookeemann

FINALLY! I've got a deuce. Or at least supposed to when my EUC clears.

Getting NO info from GL rep at the site so I pretty much rolled the dice. What's the worst that could happen?!

If anybody's picking up there in the next few weeks, I'd be greatly appreciative if they could give her a look and make sure there's no connecting rods hanging out of the block or anything obvious wrong.

I don't even know which engine or if it's a turbo......I guess it'll be a surprise.

After the EUC clears (shouldn't be a problem, I'm active duty military) I'll be heading up with my copilot to try and recover. I'm retiring tomorrow after 21 years, so this is one of two deuces for my retirement gift to myself. HUA!

It'll either be a great story or a learning experience (for the next one)

Attachments

91W350

I was just there yesterday. Looks like you got a nice deuce for the money. I never did preview that truck but we did bid against you for a while. If you decide you need or want out, let me know. If I can be of any assistance on your recovery, let me know. If we need to, we can tow it to Salina to go through it. The last few 109s sold there were pretty solid. Glen

cookeemann

Thanks for all the good news and support. I'll cut my teeth on this one so we'll see (wife's not real happy about it). Hopefully it's in good enough shape to help her get motivated with me..........

cookeemann

BAM! First ever EUC cleared in 14 days from Battle Creek submission to approval! Am I lucky or what?!:jumpin:

Hopefully the two M105 EUCs at the same place will clear next week and I can pick it all up at once. Roadtrip! Oh yes, there'll be photos.

Local Napa has all the filters and stuff and I just got the few tools I didn't already have (gigantic lug wrench, mondo sockets and 50' trucker's glad hand air line).

Got another one in San Antonio that's going to be my bobber.

Any good uses for a M105 trailer after using the bed for a bobbed deuce?

Anybody need a deuce bed (non drop side)? I'm figuring on recycling it.

Cheers! Cookeemann

91W350

I have the compressor wrenches if you need them, I am close, drop me a note if you need or want company for the first 60 miles home. I have the filters, lots of primaries and a tow bar if you need to drag her off base. I am sure my deuce can do that. Glen

cookeemann

Clovis. On the west Tx border. Two hours from ANYWHERE!

It's not in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here.....who am I kidding, it IS in the middle of nowhere.........at least it's quiet ; )

cookeemann

How come this thread doesn't show up on the Deuce forum ?

It shows in the "last post" column but not on the left main column so I have to go search for it everytime I post something.

Yeah, I know it's a nube question, but I had to ask.:cookoo:

KsM715

Do you just want the bed from the second 105? How hard would it be to remove the bed and have it strapped ontop of the first 105? Then I could haul the second 105 frame to my place:razz: (seriously, what would you want out of the second frame?)

cookeemann

I just need the bed, springs, etc to facilitate the bob. I liked the idea of having two extra wheels and tires, lights etc.

Is all you need the frame itself?

BTW, I just found out the second EUC cleared for the two M105s today (12 days+-)

Probably head out next week if the GL folks can handle it. HUAAAAA! I'm diggin' retirement........rofl:jumpin:

TexAndy

BAM! First ever EUC cleared in 14 days from Battle Creek submission to approval! Am I lucky or what?!:jumpin:

Hopefully the two M105 EUCs at the same place will clear next week and I can pick it all up at once. Roadtrip! Oh yes, there'll be photos.

Local Napa has all the filters and stuff and I just got the few tools I didn't already have (gigantic lug wrench, mondo sockets and 50' trucker's glad hand air line).

Got another one in San Antonio that's going to be my bobber.

Any good uses for a M105 trailer after using the bed for a bobbed deuce?

Anybody need a deuce bed (non drop side)? I'm figuring on recycling it.

Cheers! Cookeemann

Wish I'd known. I was at the Ft Sam lot wednesday picking my deuce up... I could have given yours a quick once-over too...