• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone around Ft Riley KS

glenn

Jeff - Been in touch with WESTECh (Rich) and he has helped a lot. Coming in at 1750 on the 19th (Thurs) to Manhattan. Rich has signed out the truck and is having some fun with it, but we may need some help. My phone is 518-810-1930 if you have some time to talk.

Thanks,
Glenn

glenn

Thanks! We are coming down on the 19th to get the beast. May need some batteries and wiper motors/blades - any suggestions? My phone is 518-810-1930 if you have some time to talk.

Thanks,
glenn

surfdog

Latest update at 8:30pm ET on Saturday :

Glenn and Gary are on the west side of Cleveland and rolling towards home. Truck running OK other than a few minor leaks.

Looks like about 470 miles left to go (and 930 miles already behind them).

Roll on !!! :-D :-D :-D

91W350

That is awesome! I called him this morning and they were on the western edge of Indiana. Terre Haute.... spelling? Anyway, that is one awesome looking truck and apparently in great mechanical shape as well. It is knee deep in rubber, he will be able to run a while on those tires. The bed looked brand new, other than where GL gave it a shove with a fork lift grrrrrr... it is a shame it was not headed for Salina, Kansas, it would have been home a long time ago and I would have a huge smile.. maybe one day.... Glen

surfdog

minor power steering leak and small air leak but holding pressure OK.

Couldn't get all the details - they were still driving when I talked to them and could barely hear them.

Also Glenn said it hesitated a little when they started it today so they wanted to at least get into NY before they shut it down for the night - I think he was worried about the batteries. (we have a friend that would flatbed it in-state but doesn't like to go out on NY).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called(woke him up too, sorry) Glenn. He is in Syracuse NY. I am headed there in a bit to meet him and grab some stuff out of his truck, that he was kind enough to haul from Ft Riley to Syracuse, for me.

He said the voltage regulator might be acting up but everything else looks OK.

He's pulling out of Syracuse at about 0900. Should be a short easy trip home for him today.

Last edited:

91W350

That is awesome! One day I would love a journey like theirs. I would rather do mine in a Blazer or pickup though. I am betting they have parts of their bodies that hate that truck right now! I hope the rest of the trip is safe and trouble free. Glen

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm home. Met with Glenn and Gary at the hotel. What a nice looking truck!:!:

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your efforts to help me(hauled my junk). :wink:

Oh, and I have your Junker jerrycan, Westy!

Last edited:

glenn

Richard - nothing major. Losing a little power steering fluid, we think. Voltage regulator seems a bit jumpy - last night it had us both nervous, but we made it back. Also the air leak, but we'll find it. Your help was a Godsend and we can't thank you enough. Please plan on stopping by whenever you get up this way!

Glenn

glenn

It was great to meet you. Appreciate the tips onthe voltage and the chance to talk. Had to wake up anyhow, as we needed to get on the road, so not to worry! Please stay in touch.

glenn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks