• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone else get this today???

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
URGENT MIGRATION
----------------------
Thank you for your recent purchase on sale 11072 lot ####. The following items have been requested by the Government to be returned. The items have been pulled from the lot and will no longer be available for removal. Please see the statement from our Terms and Conditions listed below as GL must comply with this request. It is very important that you do not make arrangements to remove these items only. Any items from your sale not listed below will be available for removal.

ITEM: TRAILER,CONTAINERH
QUANTITY: 1
EVENT: 11072

Well, there goes THAT project. The rotten part is, I just booked shipment for a piece that was going to complement that project auaauaaua

o1951

I'd confirm it by phone. I am suspicious - doubt Govt would want that stuff back - would get new. - maybe some kind of scam - someone else wants your stuff for free? Just say'in

KsM715

I'd confirm it by phone. I am suspicious - doubt Govt would want that stuff back - would get new. - maybe some kind of scam - someone else wants your stuff for free? Just say'in
The Gov pulls their stuff back all the time. Sometimes its before the auction opens, sometimes while its on the auction block, and sometimes the paperwork and the word doesn't go out till its to late.

Just be thankfull you didnt already have it in-route to your place. Then you'd have to arrange to get it back.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The Gov pulls their stuff back all the time. Sometimes its before the auction opens, sometimes while its on the auction block, and sometimes the paperwork and the word doesn't go out till its to late.

Just be thankfull you didnt already have it in-route to your place. Then you'd have to arrange to get it back.[/QUOTE]

GL would have to arrange to get it back

KsM715

This is straight from GL's Terms and agreements page.

Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, or are otherwise determined to be restricted by DLA Disposition Services, must be returned by you to the nearest DLA Disposition Services facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you.

It doesnt say you have to ship it back but you are responsible for getting it back to the nearest GL yard. For some of us that would still be a headache. Its not like you can park it in your drive and tell them to come and get it.

M135CDN

Well if the these vehicles really do have to be returned by the owners it's the perfect chance to use a front end loader, or impliment of choice, to do the maximum amount of damage loading them. Sort of like GL does with their vehicles on their lots. Or, parts could be missing on pick up. There are lots of options to consider, if the item isn't viewed before purchase.

KsM715

Stuff like this is why i don't buy from them anymore.
Then where would you get a truck from? With the restrictions on all the MV's, even if you bought one from a private seller, according to the Gov. paperwork you would still be required to return it if they changed their mind and wanted it back. Now in that case you may get away with "it's in the driveway, come and get it" line and not have to pay to get it back to the Gov. but you still loose the truck.

Remember, GL is not asking for the lot (in this thread) back, the Gov. is.

markmontana

"Sorry GL (or agent of ___) I sold the (x) for cash and I do not have any record of the name or location of the buyer."
"I have a written policy that anything I own can be sold for cash and no record of the deal is kept. Here is a copy..."

KsM715

You know that you are bound by contract (the EUC) to keep a paper trail of bought and sold EUC items. You think this is just fun and games till one of those 3 letter agencies crawls up your a** with a fine tooth comb just because they can.

Now, I agree that the chances are very very slim that it will happen, but theres a slim, slim chance that someone willwin the lottery, but it happens.

Right now this very month there have been several news reports of people getting railroaded and mistreated by the feds "just because".

*edit* BTW "I lost all my guns in an unfortunate boating accident" yeah Im sure they'll buy that excuse :roll:

Last edited:

DSVet

Everything is done in the best interests of the government,

For those of you that served in the military, just like me, you know what this means.

If they say "return it", they mean "return it NOW".

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW "I lost all my guns in an unfortunate boating accident" yeah Im sure they'll buy that excuse :roll:
Don't tell ARFCOM, they'll lynch you.

If the guv-ment can't find said "lost" firearms to prove otherwise, then...... :?:

:mrgreen:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the education. I've only received and signed paperwork on three of my trucks but they (the seller) were the GL customer, not me. The paperwork said nothing about returning the trucks to the Gov't though. Just that I couldn't sell them to foreigners. Somehow I doubt they (the Gov't) would want anything I've got but it's better to know this could be hanging out there in future acquisitions[thumbzup][thumbzup].

zout

Hey Jeff - don't tell this to Ferro becuase he will want to start another Railroad thread:

Right now this very month there have been several news reports of people getting railroaded

Lets not entice Ferro.
(back to the thread) great info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks