• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone else win tires on GL today?

ichudov

These MRAP tires seem to be selling for a lot less on ebay, than they went for in the latest GL auction.

If they really can replace my -A2 tires with these, I may stock up on a set of six.

3dAngus

Anybody have an invoice transferred to their name lately at GL. I'm trying to buy these and I guess we need a manager.
Both buyer and seller feel the best and easiest way to work this is if I pay GL direct but the gal at GL never heard of doing this so I thought I would ask if anyone else has done it. I recall someone may have done it about 18 months ago or so but now am second guessing?
He would rather I pay GL because he is not on paypal, which is all good and all, but we need a fast and east transaction and I want it on my CC.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
GL does not allow anyone to pay for the goods except the person on the account. I had an issue with that one time when I bought some stuff for a customer and he wanted to pay for it himself. This may be to thwart someone with a locked account to use a straw buyer account to continue to buy stuff. If you trust the person that bought the stuff you want you can deposit money in his account and he can do a funds transfer instead of a credit card payment.

M925

I could pay for it......but I won tires that I thought I could use...which I may be able to use. I think when I saw that the government paid 4,000 each for them, and that they were new, I made some impluse bids.

I got 8 of them for $1,594.84 fees and tax included....if someone wants them they could wire me the money and I'd authorize them for pick up. But if I have to go pick them up...I'd have to sell them for 2.5 times my cost.

But do I really want to drive to OH and back with a Ford Ranger trailer and 2,500 pounds of tires? I looked dumb enough with 9 pallets of sleeping bags on my Ranger and trailer coming back from OH....I will figure something out. I reckon I could sell my Goodyear's and the MRAP rims. $#($*& Yeah me. ? it all shakes out in the end.

At least someone offered me a high mileage late model SUV and $3,500 for my truck today. LOL.

The good idea fairy strikes again....

Last edited:

3dAngus

I have the cash or the credit card. Just need to get those answers from GL.
I'm still standing by...

I'm going to try to buy some other junk next week at that location so I wish they would hurry up and answer the questions so I can plan on making the bids and pickups together.

Always good to consolidate those long distance trips with the high costs of fuel and all.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks