• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone had their IP rebuilt recently?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
After I finish more body work I need to address my leaky IP. Has anyone had theirs rebuilt recently and care to share the vendor? I see ads on ebay but who knows what happens during the "rebuild". Or am I better off just getting a rebuilt unit? Truck has 70 some odd thousand miles on it.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copy of Rebuilt IP.jpg

I had mine rebuilt at Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati - 800-828-1562. Great folks and great service. My pump looked brand new when I got it back. They even installed a new check valve and sent the old one back for a spare.

Skinny

Sexy!

I would use any authorized Stanadyne dealer in your area where you can get good customer feedback. I would avoid buying anything online based only on price.

kabar1

How much?

How much did they charge?

I had mine rebuilt at Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati - 800-828-1562. Great folks and great service. My pump looked brand new when I got it back. They even installed a new check valve and sent the old one back for a spare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to remember. Dang, getting old sucks! I believe it was somewhere around $375 including the new check valve. Best thing to do is just call them and ask.

At the same time as the IP rebuild I also installed new injectors. Got these from the same place. Installed all new fuel lines and return lines. Installed a modified breather with fresh air supply from the grille. My truck runs like a scalded dog.

Hope this helps.

Copy of DSC02634.jpg

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thanks, Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati said 450-500. Going to call around a bit.

Flingarrows

I had a pump rebuilt by badger diesel in union grove, WI, for a 6.2. they charged $260.00 plus shipping. That was the first I had had them rebuild, but it runs amazing. I had not started my truck since November, until today. It fired right up. My buddy gets all his done there. ( he has 4 trucks)

Last edited:

Cucvnut

First pump would not idle. sent it back second pump leaks everywhere, i sat onit for a year because the truck was not running so the warrenty ran out, they would not help. I just will go with some one else to rebuild my pump, and the pump is a diff part number than what our cucv's can use.

Flingarrows

First pump would not idle. sent it back second pump leaks everywhere, i sat onit for a year because the truck was not running so the warrenty ran out, they would not help. I just will go with some one else to rebuild my pump, and the pump is a diff part number than what our cucv's can use.
Good to know, thanks