• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone had their IP rebuilt recently?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
After I finish more body work I need to address my leaky IP. Has anyone had theirs rebuilt recently and care to share the vendor? I see ads on ebay but who knows what happens during the "rebuild". Or am I better off just getting a rebuilt unit? Truck has 70 some odd thousand miles on it.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copy of Rebuilt IP.jpg

I had mine rebuilt at Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati - 800-828-1562. Great folks and great service. My pump looked brand new when I got it back. They even installed a new check valve and sent the old one back for a spare.

Skinny

Sexy!

I would use any authorized Stanadyne dealer in your area where you can get good customer feedback. I would avoid buying anything online based only on price.

kabar1

How much?

How much did they charge?

I had mine rebuilt at Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati - 800-828-1562. Great folks and great service. My pump looked brand new when I got it back. They even installed a new check valve and sent the old one back for a spare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to remember. Dang, getting old sucks! I believe it was somewhere around $375 including the new check valve. Best thing to do is just call them and ask.

At the same time as the IP rebuild I also installed new injectors. Got these from the same place. Installed all new fuel lines and return lines. Installed a modified breather with fresh air supply from the grille. My truck runs like a scalded dog.

Hope this helps.

Copy of DSC02634.jpg

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thanks, Diesel Injection Sevice of Cincinnati said 450-500. Going to call around a bit.

Flingarrows

I had a pump rebuilt by badger diesel in union grove, WI, for a 6.2. they charged $260.00 plus shipping. That was the first I had had them rebuild, but it runs amazing. I had not started my truck since November, until today. It fired right up. My buddy gets all his done there. ( he has 4 trucks)

Last edited:

Cucvnut

First pump would not idle. sent it back second pump leaks everywhere, i sat onit for a year because the truck was not running so the warrenty ran out, they would not help. I just will go with some one else to rebuild my pump, and the pump is a diff part number than what our cucv's can use.

Flingarrows

First pump would not idle. sent it back second pump leaks everywhere, i sat onit for a year because the truck was not running so the warrenty ran out, they would not help. I just will go with some one else to rebuild my pump, and the pump is a diff part number than what our cucv's can use.
Good to know, thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks