• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what this is/was?

neverfinished

I took this poor quality polaroid pic in probably about 1980 in Salem,OR. They had cleared out an old defunct wrecking yard to make room for a street widening and this was the last thing left there when I went by. I wish I'd taken more pics! I remember seeing the data plates for the half track-White, I think. It looked like some sort of training device for a tank turret. It had some controls on a panel-on the drivers side I think. Rumor was that it AND 2 OTHER HALF TRACKS from there ended up in Montana. but I also heard that they went to Hollywood. I just found this old pic and wondered if anybody could shed any light on it.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It looks like it was a mock-up/design study for a M108 SP howitzer turret , or at least the tube maybe.

Attachments

emr

A trainer turret stacked on a half track at some point in history in a scrap yard, oh wait aren't the zombies from around there ? could be more to it, :)

Wolf.Dose

OK, the vehicle is a half truck, M3 probably. The turret is a M47 turret for training / introduction purposes. At least according to the Shielding, the smoke dispenser and the muzzle breake.
It can NOT be a M108, at least the shielding is wrong for that as well as the configuration of the turret structure.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks