• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone looking for m-105 trailers in mid tn

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
105's need a tall truck pintle location to be usable. That means a deuce or taller vehicle to pull it, hence not anywhere near as much interest in them vs the M101 series trailers. Back around 2010 the M-101 series were selling for $500+ while the M-105's were under $200. 750 now is about what 200 then was worth, but only if you have a deuce to pull it with IMHO.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
105's need a tall truck pintle location to be usable. That means a deuce or taller vehicle to pull it, hence not anywhere near as much interest in them vs the M101 series trailers. Back around 2010 the M-101 series were selling for $500+ while the M-105's were under $200. 750 now is about what 200 then was worth, but only if you have a deuce to pull it with IMHO.
You could get two 105's out of Wright-Patterson for $100 back then .

ToddJK

Well you could buy one of these if that suits ya then grab it on the way home from the oct ralley
I can't make the October rally this year. I don't think my head gaskets will hold up for that long of trip. I have a replacement set in the garage, but my old lady's journey just took a 💩 earlier today and literally dumped the entire crankcase full of oil on the ground. I think either something with intake or the oil cooler went out, could have been a head gasket but I won't know until I start tearing into it. I just keep getting more and more projects added to the list with little time to finish them 🤷.

ToddJK

Found out her oil cooler ruptured and it's under the intake 🤦. Why would they put a plastic part under the intake with all that heat? Her car has more problems than what my deuce has and that's comparing a 54 year old truck to an 11 year old car that still has less than 100k miles. At least the part is not God awful expensive, but still, $300 can get me a good ways on tools or parts for my truck, lmao.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Found out her oil cooler ruptured and it's under the intake 🤦. Why would they put a plastic part under the intake with all that heat? Her car has more problems than what my deuce has and that's comparing a 54 year old truck to an 11 year old car that still has less than 100k miles. At least the part is not God awful expensive, but still, $300 can get me a good ways on tools or parts for my truck, lmao.
Glad you found the problem!

It is amazing how today's vehicles are held together with bubblegum and bailing wire. Meaning plastic that lasts for a few years, then deteriorates into nothing.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like a AMC 304 V8 using a nylon cam gear ! It wasnt for you it was for them !lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks