• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone make alternate uses of this bracket?

on1wheel01

The way I have in mind I would be able to remove the holsters as well kinda like the snap off buttons. A single one and cup holder is a good idea. But I have the civi center console installed. I only leave a gun in the car that's concealed. And its my cheapest pistol a beast phoenix arms hp22 lol. The bad thing about the stock rifle holders is my custom front seat is slightly in the way of it. But I also have the window gun rack. Though would not leave them in the truck parked

RedHeadTarn

Re: Anyone make alternate uses of this bracket?????

I have seen good results from using epoxy to secure a strong (45 lbs) rare earth magnet to the underside of the dash. Get in the truck, put gun under dash, stays put just fine. Yeah I get a couple of scuff marks on the slide, but hey, it's a truck gun!

on1wheel01

lol I'm with ya. I'm about to trade my reloading press dillon xl650 for an ar15 so I will be making use of the stock holder I still have usable for it. I need to get creative with the limited hiding spots of Sarg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys. This is an MV site, not a firearms site. Stop the firearms banter. Keep it on track or this thread goes bye bye.

on1wheel01

Well excuse me...... I thought the military used firearms. I'm just trying to improve on what the military had planned out and design what might could have benefited them more...... But hey if that's wrong then delete the thread

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, he's just pointing out that we don't allow firearms discussion on the site. We did have a firearms section, but it got out of hand. Sorry.

howardc

old thread. But, any pics of cupholders placed where the fire extinguisher was? Thought I was a genius for thinking of using the mount for a cup holder, the search function once again proves I know very little, haha.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter

PeeWeeQ

I put a fire extinguisher there (pretty sure that's what its for). I'm probably going to remove it and install my B&M unimatic floor shifter there....

Gov Junk

ammo bx cup holder.jpg
Cut holes in top of ammo box, drop in plastic cup holders from Bass Pro (boat parts section).
Still room for emergency snacks (or pistol & ammo) in bottom. Secured it with sheet metal screws into that fire extinguisher bracket :-D

howardc

I like the ammo can! Prefer to keep my pistol close and ready but I'm sure I could find some use for it. Tools and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edpdx

Made a pistol holder for when I am driving. Just unholster an set it where it's easy to draw without any extemporaneous motion. looks like all you're doing is un-buckleing.
aa1.jpg I don't leave it in the rig when I leave, it's just a place to park it while I'm driving. To draw my left hand grabs the shoulder strap at mid chest, elbow high. This blocks the view of the gun as I bring the muzzle around to fire through the door. My scanner is also mounted to the center console that is pirated from a suburban at the wrecking yard- it has two hand cup holder... they are square though ??:drool:

howardc

I thought about getting a center console but I like that I am able to spin and walk to the back seat. I have a suburban (that I would love to steal the back seat out of) and I hate how I can't reach around the back if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks