• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone make the movies?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never made any movie but a deuce of mine made the Trucks Gone Wild dvd from a snow run in MN, I was trying to whip donuts with it and made about 5 seconds of the video :smile:

dittle

I made the History Channel show Lock And Lock with R. Lee Ermey. Wasn't in my Deuce but was driving a M60A3 tank around.

datsunaholic

No movies, the best I can recall is my Reserve Unit caused a retake of a Taco Time commercial when we convoyed past the closed road that they were shooting on (The "Road" was actually a striped driveway for a School in Kingston). 2 5-tons, 2 Deuces, and a number of CUCVs make a lot of noise.

I did once make the news, not in a good way, as an example of "dangerous snow driving" when I drove over the 4" center divider. Everyone else tried straddling it and some got stuck. What they DIDN'T show was why all these cars were going over the divider- there was a bus jackknifed across all eastbound lanes of that road and that was the only way around it, and the stupid news crew was blocking any attempt to turn back. But that wasn't in a MV.

Avn-Tech

Group,

My first experiance with the movies (Fast Glass, yet to be released) was about 3 years ago. While I was out of town working, I received a call (wed evening), asking if they could use one of my aircraft hangers to film a movie. I asked when they wanted to start filming, and the reply was we started last monday!

The front door was not on the hanger, so they went into the almost empty hanger and started filming. I am sure there will be some shots of my different aircraft in some scenes (I have not seen the movie yet).

Then last year, a small local studio contacted me about using my P-40 (1:1 scale) movie mock-ups. I also mentioned that I have a police motorcycle, and they said they could also use that. Further they liked my airport property for a film location.

That led to me supporting two films last year, one film (Phase Two, yet to be released) included all of my MV's as well as Shannon Deese (SS Member) vehicles that were being stored/worked on on the property in background shots. My Deuce is also featured in several other scenes.

So I started my own business (Aviation, Military & Police Props). I have an agreement with the studio, who send me business.

The last movie (one by One, yet to be released), I supported also hired me to play a police officer. They rented a police car, and EMT uniforms.

I also have a second business (yet to be named) that build scale replica (my partner has been in the business for over 50 years). We are currently building a museum quality P-40B for a museum. One of my side projects for this business is to build a 155 Howitzer (1:1 scale, blank firing) to tow behind my Deuce.

Laterrrrrrr
Avn-Tech
A.M.P. Props A.M.P. (Aviation Military Police)

charlietango

did another one. Its called 'The Divide'
The Divide - In Theatres 2012

Some post apocalyptic kind of thing based in NY filmed in Winnipeg MB Canada (NY, Winnipeg, same **** hahaha)

They used masking film to make my truck look white, it was supposed to come off easily but did not, however I was compensated reluctantly for the inconvenience.

got paid as an extra and because I drove i got extra cash for that too plus the truck rental.

photo's attached, enjoy

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I say we do a Girls Gone MV video. chicks in bikinis on some of our nice trucks. Or washing them lol. Heck has their been a SS calender? Chics on the top 12 trucks of SS?

My step dad owns a bunch of printing companies in Memphis. Could get it done cheap more than likely.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does one go about getting their truck in a movie?
Most states have a Film Commission. You can contact them with your information and if someone calls asking about MVs you're on the list.

I'm on speed dial from a guy out in CA that works as a vehicle wrangler. I get a call about once a month from him looking for particular types or designs of vehicles. So far I haven't been able to find anything for him.

An example of the last search: he was looking for a futuristic vehicle for a general to be driven around in. It had to be a wheeled vehicle that had windows. I suggested a Cougar but they didn't want to spend that kind of money. I then suggested they get a Pontiac Aztec and mock it up as something. He said he'd take that under advisement.

Avn-Tech

Last Sunday, I used my M35A2C in a Josh Abbott music video. Hopefully the video will be on CMT around April/May.

As for getting your vehicle in productions (film/video), they are always looking for vehicles to use in productions. It all biols down to knowing someone, or offering your vehicle for cheap. I have lost several productions because I wanted to get paid for my vehicle. The most common request I get is for HUMVEE's.

I spent monday/Tuesday/Wednesday on a film set with M-1, Abrams, MRAPS, Bradleys, HUMVEE, Blackhawks, ect. But this blockbuster film had DOD support (260 troops).

If you are in Southern CA, and would like to use your vehicle in productions, please send me an email with a photo and I will show it to producers when thay ask for vehicles. Local film commisions are also a good sugestion (they will probably have a form for you to fill out online).

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech
www.ampmovieprops.com

Attachments

emr

2 videos M38 and m274 in each ... one comedy skit on saturday night M38... M35 Across the Universe Move musical of beetle music 7 days of shooting not all in a row, ... M925 White Collar TV show, just in the season premiere last week, was in 2 full weeks of shooting last summer for this episode, The 925 was in ALOT of the show last week, the actors and stunt men were top notch in this show, Tom Dekay had his family come to the set so He could drive it after hours with them, i waited so they could enjoy it and man did they, thats what it is all about, Oh the 925 was also in SALT with that ugly woman actor, they made us drive for 14 hours straight, worst treated ever in that movie, Across Universe we ate like Gods, White Collar had a town car pick me up and take me home to and from NYC every day for 2 weeks, the crews that work the show there were the best bunch of guys ever, hung with them in the wood shop allot and the "grips they set up the cameras were also outstanding, made and keep in contact with allot of good people, there is alot of time some people get all grouchy about, i love it all, and enjoy every second, In fact i had a really great honor, the Director of white Collor was pulling away the last day i was getting ready to go home one of the last, he stopped and had em back up got out shook my hand and said great working with U Randy, didnt know he new my name :) very very cool :)

steved454

My 1928 tudor and 1931 fordor have been in many movies over the years, Mississippi burning, Dog name skip and the Ponders Heart for just a few.
As for as getting in them, Most producers contact antique clubs in the area. both my cars have files at the major studio's. If you do have a film commission for your state contact them and send several pics of you vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks