• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels M998 hmmwv build...

ClarkeF

You said you don't have a title - so keep all your receipts for parts and take pictures along the way! All that documentation will be adequate in most states to apply for a home-built title of you can prove you assembled it from parts..

That doesn't look like it is going to be a problem here..

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any updates? Looks like a big project, but it will all be worth it when you get done. Maybe I can get enough "shore leave" to make it to Aberdeen 2012 in my 998 so we can talk shop.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have been busy finding and ordering parts.I had to replace the rear d beam and passengers side front cowl,whoever had this body before had to fab the missing parts from steel.They did a good job but I am to far into this not to do it right.Heres some pics.

Attachments

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Thats what the last guy did,This body was on a truck frame before I got it.It has Texas inspection stickers on the windshield.

nattieleather

I see you have plenty of lubricant for the job... :rofl:

Have you given thought to a pneumatic rivet gun? I think if I had that much body work to do I would have to invest in one.

VQ-1

I have been busy finding and ordering parts.I had to replace the rear d beam and passengers side front cowl,whoever had this body before had to fab the missing parts from steel.They did a good job but I am to far into this not to do it right.Heres some pics.
Man, I had to do the same with mine...I didn't have a rivet gun but used stainless steel button Allen head screws, can't really tell the difference between the heads ;)
Got all the panels off eBay for about $20 a piece! Beats paying full price from AM General...

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No hyd rivet gun,plenty of Rolling Rock lubricant.I still need the passengers side b pillar assembly?????

nattieleather

I guess I shouldn't say anything because of the amount of welding I've been doing on my M37 cab. In retro speck drilling out and re-rivetting might be less work... :)

Keep up the good work and keep the pics rolling.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Nick ,It was good talking to you also.Hopefully you bring your hmmwv so I can seee what a finished one looks like...HaHa..

transman

How are you set for driveline parts ? I've got a complete 57K3498 tranfer case conversion kit ,242 tcase,rear shaft,rear section of front shaft,diff yoke,& assorted small parts. All are new and unissued "in the crate."

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Transman,I talked to you on the phone a couple of weeks ago.I ll keep that in mind,not that far yet.thanks...JOHN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks