• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels Md/Pa SS fall gathering.

3rdmdqm

I would love to make one of these. Unfortunately with storm recovery and work I won't be able to make it out to this one. I'd also like to bring out my rev war flintlock musket and blast away just for kicks, so you all with all the heavy stuff, no making fun.:D Shoots a .75 cal. lead ball. Not as fancy and can't shoot as fast as some of the modern warfare stuff gets brought out but sure packs a kick and is fun to fool around with. That is if it no one would mind the ancient weaponry.

338lapua09

Sure hate to shoot up a chevy...but will ....lol

Looks like I have a crew lined up for the trip in the A.M.

What time is it good to show up at..Need anything I can bring with me..

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Anytime after 9 or so.Bring whatever works for you.I think everybody is bringing something to eat.Bring your own drinks.I have my Rolling Rock.

rustyg

shindig

Hey Guys,
It is with much sadness I announce that I wont be able to attend the festivities
at John's. I'm with a group of people out here in Toms River, New Jersey.
Been here since Wednesday doing some disaster relief for some of the most in
need out here, I wish I had the energy to tell of the carnage and destruction of this
area, very sad for many, many families out here. I'm working the deuce overtime
in a variety of applications, She's the star of the show no matter where we go.
I"ll probably be here again to help these fine folk, Theyre sincerely gracious of what we do when its been a real bad week for them, we have about 10-15
people show at a place and did 6 houses yesterday, only 2 today, but major tree through the house kinda ****.
I might make it home at a decent hour sunday, but the fun will likely be over.
I was really hoping to get to know some of you guys, the ones ive met already are Grade A hombres. Sorry John, I wanted to pound some of them RR keggers with ya,
...........next time.

Yall have a Blast, make me good andnjealous with the out of control AAR.

rustybg

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Rusty,Its a real good thing you are doing,good lluck,we will see you next time. If anydody gets lost my phone # is 410-808-5227.

barefootin

Please get pictures or vid's..... My wife and I won't make it either as we had hoped. She loves putting rounds down range.... I hope to see you all in the spring. If you are ever up in York PA and see "Tanner" and me, feel free to introduce yourself!!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could be there, looks like it will be a fun time.

Hope you all have a great day.

Jakelc15

Hey John, man this came up fast, I wish I could make it over. That storm really put me behind. Will definitely plan for the next one. I should have the 1919 mounted on my truck by then! I'll be by as soon as I pick up the 10' plow.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You guys who could not make it sure missed a great day. They just keep getting better. I think we went through about 40-50 thousand rounds. John set up an old 72-74 Monte Carlo and we unloaded on that baby for 8 hours. 30 rounds clips at a pop, with belt fed HKs and a ma deuce on an A3.... Plenty of ARs and AKs. The car is in pieces. Great food and probably the best MV event you could attend. I look forward to the spring winter thaw shoot out. We informally named this 2nd Amendment Saturday. It was a great day and I hope somebody posts pictures. I ran out of the house without my camera. Sorry..John thanks for letting us do this at your place. You are the first SS member I met and to this day consider you one of my best friends. Thank you sir for your hospitality, and the red Monte Carlo...dudley

338lapua09

Thanks again John for hosting this event..Hated to see any chevy go down but it sure was time for this one..lol and boy did forest run....lol

Was good to see a few from the breakfest club make it out ..Sure did have a great day/food met alot of guys an gals today..hope to bring my 5ton out next time..

God Bless America

Last edited:

gtofred

I arrived late and I guess left early. However I had a great time! Thanks for doing this John and will surely come back again in the spring. I had 2 rifles that I had owned for years and never shot, a .40 Ruger Carbine and a Ruger Mini 30. they were both fun and performed great. I brought my daughters boy friend Kyle and he also had a great time, wish I had mingled more and met everyone. Oh well, next time. Thanks again John!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just came in,there were 3 steel soldiers in the shop tending the woodstove drinking beer when I came up.I told them to close up and turn off the lights,I think they are camping in there trucks or the shop.Great time ,met some new people and saw some old friends.I guess I will scrap what is left of the chevy.Will do it again in the spring.

Attachments

barefootin

Man is that gunner tall....:shock:

Sorry, couldn't resist. It looks like my wife and I missed a great day. Let us know when you pick a date for the spring get together!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks