• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARB 5 ton locker

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I contacted ARB about developing a locker that would work in our 5 tons. I got a quick reply from a sales guy named Doug. He said they have looked into it in the past but just didn't feel like there was enough interest. So, I asked him how many they would have to sell to make it a project they would work on. This is what he said:

Thank you for contacting ARB USA. We have discussed development of a 5 ton Rockwell Air Locker in the past but the demand hasn’t seemed to be strong enough to cover the engineering and development costs. Sales of the 2.5 ton Rockwell Air Locker have been very modest. That said, if one of our dealers were to commit to an initial purchase of 50 lockers it would be enough to cover the development of the locker.

I would estimate the price range to be between $1,200 - $1,500 retail. Based on previous projects, the design, development, manufacturing and shipping lead time to the US would be a minimum of 6 months.
The price is a little salty but I have read through many threads where people have said they were interested in a locker of some variety. At this price, is anyone interested? With all of us that have 5 tons, can we come up with 50? I also mentioned to him about Gearhart Engineering offering a locker for $975 but I haven't heard back from him. I also have not read anywhere on here where anyone has tried one from Gearhart.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are lots of guys who use the Rockwell axles with non military truck builds. Those guys could probably use decent quantities of the lockers.

azteclizard

I'm assuming that price would include all the airlines and switches (24v) needed to hook it up to the 5tons airlines? Or is it just for the locker?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like we certainly have some interest in this. We are still a little short of 50 but I may try to find some 4x4 sites and see if I can get some interest from anyone on there. Anyone frequent any good sites that might be worthwhile posting this info on?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd be in for ONE. But only conditionally. That condition being that 5 ton locking hubs come out of being vapor ware.

hklvette

You might see if Ouverson would be willing to buy some. I know they're not in the 5T axle business now, but I'd be surprised if they weren't interested at all...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks