• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARB Rockwell Lockers on the way, soon! Reserve yours today!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the system works like the air shift front ends you really can't inject oil as it is not a blow through system like the brake booster. You just compress the air than is in the line. If the locker holds more air than the line you might get some oil down there but when you release the pressure it will spit out the oil.
BFR not to change the topic, how well are your brakes working? I was thinking about lowering my air pressure to 90 and take a little strain off the compressor.
ps go to home depot and just get the water trap it is 3 inches long and 1 1/2 wide.
That should be all ones need to protect the air lock axle system.

dshock

Hey guys,

Wow, great conversation. Only two things that I can think to add:

1) ARB suggests an air supply providing 80-110 psi of clean, dry air.

2) As Floridianson suggests, an oiler and the air locker are not a good combination. The locker is not a blow through system and the oil would accumulate in the system causing possible malfunction.

Great discussion. Keep the questions coming!

Dan

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Floridianson said:
BFR not to change the topic, how well are your brakes working? I was thinking about lowering my air pressure to 90 and take a little strain off the compressor.
I gon't know enough to say they are optimal, but I feel good about them.

I have only driven 3 deuces...
my first one = no brakes at all
one I took on a test drive= kinda spongy
my current truck= feels pretty good

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay dshock. Why do't you get ARB to invent a system that would look like a syringe with a line in and a line out. The line out is oil and the line in is air. Oil will move the locker. That way bad air can never reach the locker. Like the brake booster air over hyd.

Anyone want another DRINK :D

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I realize that the lockers need 90ish psi, do they need much volume? (would one pump be ablle to actuate 3 lockers at will?)

dshock

Yes, BFR,

The lockers require very little volume and one of the ARB compressors would provide plenty of capacity to engage 3 lockers. Of course, if you are using the Duece's on-board system then you are golden!

Thanks,
Dan

dshock

Well,

This thread has been slow for a while. I did take the price off of the website. The price is the same, but one of ARB's big customers was upset because my advertised price was too low. For all people referencing this add, the price is still the same, low price.

Have a great day,
Dan

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He was upset? What's wrong with competition? If you have the cheepest price for the same product. Then you've got my buisness. Whining to the supplier doesen't sound very american to me.

sermis

What about an air dryer / separator like is used for paint guns and sand blasters? No more volume of air it should last a long time. Cheeper than a compressor.

sermis

Front would be good but a real thumb breaker without power or air assist. The very rear axel would be a better choice. When I had the Overson lockout on the rear axel I noticed quite a bit of tire spin from the front. Moved the lockout to the front and noticed the rear does not spin near as much.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there are already air lockers available, why is the wheel being reinvented? (see kenny's picture) the rockwell air lockers also have much larger axle shafts, 1/4" dia bigger which is a lot in terms of strength. and yes even they will twist off when used improperly. i had 3 of the air locker axles left over from a previous project and decieded to use them in my latest truck.

I run 2 ARB's on another vehicle. Use a coalescing filter and a regulator on the system prior to feeding the ARB solenoid, just make sure you drain it occasionally or set up a self drainer if applicable. On the vehicle I have ARB's, It is setup with on-board air using a YORK style compressor which has a crank case and requres oil to function properly. That is the reason for adding the filter to the system. ARB's are very expensive to blow up, If you feel like taking a rockwell apart multiple times to fix it go ahead and take your chances, otherwise, since you already have thousands into ARB, spend the hundred bucks to safeguard it from prematurely breaking. I can energize both ARB's regulated at 90 PSI in a second or 2, I imagine 1 more would not be an issue.

digging down deep to get this one :)

Ive heard of them but we yet have to find anyone running them or able to get a couple to test out to see if they are worth the money.. If they are out there would love to get hands on one to test it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks