• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there any 30 amp single phase weather tight recepticles out there?

Guyfang

Staff member
The plug that Daybreak shows pictures of is the norm here in germany. Its also what we installed on hundreds of generators going down range. Simple, reliable and almost impossible to destroy. Impervious to the sun, rain, cold, heat or just about anything else. The only time I have ever replaced one was when it was run over by a dump truck, and several that someone did not tighten up the screw inside that hold the wire ends in the pins. It created heat and melted the things together. You can also get them with a safety circuit hookup in them. It provides two small pins to let you make a safety interlock system. You hook it up in series with the A1 on the generator main output contactor, so that the contactor will not close unless the cable is connected to the receptacle. The company makes them in 3 pin, 4 pin and five pins when you want a three phase,Neutral and ground capability. The biggest one I ever install was three phase, five wire, 240 Amps. The 32 Amp model, (shown in the pictures) would be perfect for your use.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plug that Daybreak shows pictures of is the norm here in germany. Its also what we installed on hundreds of generators going down range. Simple, reliable and almost impossible to destroy. Impervious to the sun, rain, cold, heat or just about anything else. The only time I have ever replaced one was when it was run over by a dump truck, and several that someone did not tighten up the screw inside that hold the wire ends in the pins. It created heat and melted the things together. You can also get them with a safety circuit hookup in them. It provides two small pins to let you make a safety interlock system. You hook it up in series with the A1 on the generator main output contactor, so that the contactor will not close unless the cable is connected to the receptacle. The company makes them in 3 pin, 4 pin and five pins when you want a three phase,Neutral and ground capability. The biggest one I ever install was three phase, five wire, 240 Amps. The 32 Amp model, (shown in the pictures) would be perfect for your use.
Howdy,
The only problem is they are so dang big. I even researched the military 22992 class L shell size 32, 60 amp 125/250 volt 4 wire. But they are stupid expensive. The class L connectors are so much smaller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks