• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

are there any pintle hitch trailers that can hold 15.5 tons

Wolf.Dose

There are military trailers for 15.5 tons load. The Germany Army used those to haul engineering equipment like bulldozers. But they are all full trailers!
Today they use civil trailer in bronce green painting. Of the old ones I add two samples.
However, I think a 5 ton is to small to pull such a weight legaly. So you must look for a tractor and a semi.
Wolf

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

I forgot to add a pic of a civilian rig hauling a 25 ton tank on a civilian 40 ton trailer (gross). The Faun tows a 25 ton ex Bundeswehr low bed trailer with a Hotchkiss on it. The blue Semi is the professional way to haul a 65 ton tank.
That is the legal way in Germany.
Wolf

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
GL has nice heavy duty miller tag tilt trailers come up pretty often

flyxpl

Wow, trailer envy!

fly, did you make the change over reversible with bolt on pin/pintle capability?

Rick
The thought crossed my mind , but I have no use for a goosneck configuration so it is strickly pintle now . The lunette ring is adjustable so I can move it down for F-350 Powerstroke or up for the deuce . I did leave the vertical steel beams that the tounge was on alone so that it could be converted back . They will also make a good place to mount a toolbox , spare tire ect and will prevent a load from ending up in the back of the truck if a load came loose .