• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington Airshow 2010

Stalwart

Jinx (Mark), arrivals before Wednesday are fairly open. You go through the main gate and there will be someone to direct you to our area. You take a right at the first taxiway and travel West . . . you will see us off to your left after you travel about 1/4 of a mile. We try to keep speeds to 5 mph on the airport grounds for safety reasons. We will have someone on site 24/7 from this Sunday the 4th on.

Scott, you can come and go freely by foot almost any time but at 4 AM, I don't know, I've never tried it. When you drop off your truck you will need to get your wrist band that will allow entrance at any of the gates. The bands will be available in our area in a tent near the replica WWII South Pacific control tower.

The big thing here guys is safety, people walking at an air show can be REALLY stupid. It is from experience that we don't allow vehicle movement during the open hours. The exception is when required and with plenty of ground guides to keep visitor carnage to a minimum. We have had people at other shows step out in front of moving armor and expect it to stop, even though they are unseen by the operator.

We will be moving the HEMTT and Scorpion on site this Sat the 3rd, the Fox on Sunday the 4th and the V100 on Tuesday when I move up to stay for the duration of the show.

*Anything stated above can be countermanded by JHigh, he runs this show*

jhigh

Stewart has said it pretty good. You can arrive anytime during the show., Earlier is better. Stay for the day or camp with us all week. Personal will be on-site starting Sunday morning the 4th. Showers and food are available on the airfield or you can go to town 10min away.

When you arrive follow the sign's to the parking area. There is a gate next to the ticket booth that they will let in green trucks. When traveling through the crowd to the show site like Sterwart said watch for stupid people.

I hope to see eveyone there.

Jeff

Jinx

Jinx (Mark), arrivals before Wednesday are fairly open. You go through the main gate and there will be someone to direct you to our area. You take a right at the first taxiway and travel West . . . you will see us off to your left after you travel about 1/4 of a mile. We try to keep speeds to 5 mph on the airport grounds for safety reasons. We will have someone on site 24/7 from this Sunday the 4th on.
Sounds good. Thanks.

Stalwart

I'll go out on a limb and say "No". Even with wearing full kevlar, driving into a camp with a deuce and people sleeping isn't a good idea. Plus no one would be awake to tell you where you need to park. 0600 comes early enough with the start of the "weed whacker" powered ultralights.

Stalwart

Just finished the first of 4 loads, the layout looks like it'll be awesome this year! Time to make another load and we'll be half done.

Stalwart

Load 4, the V100 is loaded and on the trailer, I can't wait to move in tomorrow. I hope to see quite a few PNW SS members there!

usmc deuce cpl

I would like to bring up my truck. Do i need to call someone prior or just show up. Will probably have to show up after work, probably be 1900 or 2000 hrs arrival time. Will be getting my new insurance tuesday the 6th, then i can bring it up.

Jinx

Dropped my truck off this morning. Please take good care of the M35A2 with the bumper numbers HQ 108. I'll be there again on Saturday to enjoy the festivities.

Stalwart

The display is wonderful, we had 57 vehicles and 20 or so trailers as of last night. The German 88 and Russian T-34/38 arrived yesterday. Pictures next week.

Last edited: