• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington Airshow 2010

Amer-team

If you were thinking about going, go! This is a top event with enough different iron to to satisfy most anyones interest. There is a great selecetion from WW2 through M series.

You don't get to see a T34 or German 88, or the great lineup of Marine Corp marked vehicles everyday.

Bill, Jeff, Mark, and the rest of the crew did a great job.

Jinx

I had fun at the event today! It was cool that when I got there, someone was already admiring my truck. (Out of all the deuces there even!) They had the door open and were looking inside. heh

Stuart, it was great to meet you again. You were pretty busy and thanks for taking the time to talk to my parents. They had a blast. My dad really admired the boat from Vietnam. He says it brought back memories.

Thanks again all for this cool event.

Scott, (srodockor) Thank you for letting my grandson and I ride in your deuce for the parade at the Arlington Air Show. It was greatly appreciated. Your M35A2 looked great!! All the vehicles looked great as well as the aircraft. I would highly suggest that anyone who has not been to this event go next year !!! Also met a whole bunch of nice folks there. Can,t hardly wait for the PNW 2010 Convoy , Rally and Campout next week. This can become addicting (OD Fever) in a hurry!! Will post a few pictures here and more later when we get home. Hope you enjoy them. Next 10 pictures are aircraft. Then the next ten will be military vehicles.

Last edited:

Stalwart

Well, we think we'll beat the National's number this year. The numbers were up a good 25% over last year. The count, as I last heard it was 150 vehicles! I guess we'll have to shoot for 200 next year. A big thanks to all that made the effort!

Jinx

I learned a valuable lesson driving my deuce home today. Don't trust the fuel gauge! I realize this has been said over and over again here on the site, but now I'm living proof the gauge lies. Ran out of diesel 10 miles from home and the gauge said I had a little under a quarter tank to go. Fortunately a fuel station was a block away and I had a jerry can strapped to the side of my truck.

Stalwart

We wish you could have too, it was a great event. The planning for next year had begun before the end of this show.

Last edited: