• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance Needed: MEP-803a will run for 15 mins and quit

Ray70

2 other thing to check are: is the little G-17 strainer on the fuel pump. If you're using the same one ( assuming you still have one in place ) with both pumps you tested, make sure it's not clogged up.
Also, check your oil pressure and make sure it isn't abnormally high. If this does not turn out to be a fuel issue, check compression to be sure you aren't loosing compression as the push rods, rockers , valves and everything expand.
A stuck oil pressure relief valve can cause the lifters to pump up due to excess oil pressure and can float the valves. I'd be curious if you are border-line floating them at start up then as metal expands you eventually loose compression until everything cools off and shrinks down??
If you attempt to restart immediately after it dies, does if crank normally or sound a little too fast and somewhat lacking the compression pulses?

TheAlfredo

You used 2 different pumps and got the same result? I would still disconnect the out side of the pump and run it to see if it shuts off after a given number of minutes.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have the same symptoms.
any update on finding your problem ..
I would suggest you start your own thread. First, its easier for us to keep straight what is what. No two gen sets will have the same problem at the same time. Second your problem is probably something different then what this thread tried to fix. Third, this thread is dead as a door nail.

We need you to tell us some info. So please start your own thread.

If you need help starting a thread, say something. We are here to help.

Lucky Bud

I would suggest you start your own thread. First, its easier for us to keep straight what is what. No two gen sets will have the same problem at the same time. Second your problem is probably something different then what this thread tried to fix. Third, this thread is dead as a door nail.

We need you to tell us some info. So please start your own thread.

If you need help starting a thread, say something. We are here to help.
Thanks
yes sir, I do have a thread going.
I have done all the things you have done.
just wondering if you fixed it and how.
No worries
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks