• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

attempted theft

rlwm211

I would install Infrared motion detectors and a very loud alarm system that covers the area around the deuce. Anyone goes near the truck and the alarm goes off. That will deter most any thief and will alert your dad and neighbors if someone is skulking around.
This coupled with a cutoff switch, fuel shutoff lock and a mean dog will keep the thieves at bay.
I know it stinks to have to accept that there are people in your community who have no moral problem with stealing, and as was pointed out previously in this thread, they always have been there.

Maybe the only difference these days is that now they get "counseling and rehabilitation" instead of real punishment if they get caught.

RL

TIGERFANS2

I wish you people would stop posting pictures of Rotts, I've told my wife we're too )(*&%(*#% old to get another one but you're messing with me.

jamesfrom180

:soapbox:A wise man told me locks are for honest people only. If you are targeted, you can be a victim. These pages are full of intelligent motivated and crafty people. Just remember there are similar people out there that do not have our moral strength.2cents
Keep showing how you secure your MV these are very helpful. These strategies are how we can keep our stuff safe.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At night I turn on the surveillance montor on the nightstand. Any unusual noises wake me and I see what's up. I have appeared from the 3 AM darkness with a 45 before and discharged it, much to the embarassment of would-be burglars whose only remaining thought was to depart. There have been no problems here since. They did not try the lock on the deuce. The police were pleased.

rlwm211

more information needed for report????

Was there puddle or a stench of 'pooh' where
the would be thieves were lurking
when you popped that .45 round off???
Perhaps da' "Yutes" ran into a few trees and fence posts
as they departed 'post haste'???​

Inquiring minds want to know....​
RL

SpyDad

Jones - I like the fuel lock out angle you created. Gonna have to make one myself at add to the chain on my steering wheel and the battery isolate switch I have installed. Fortunately I have my deuce in a video surveillance storage lot next to my boat so I feel it is pretty secure. I have the hood cable locked closed to the bumper, nothing fancy, just enough to keep some dumb kid or someone else from taking a look at the engine and who knows what else.

Regards,

Boss Doug

No warning shots, fire for affect only! Keep firing until the threat is gone. Most importantly remember these words; I was in fear for my life, and repeat this fraise over and over again!!!

stumps

I'm a fan of fuel shut-off set-ups... inline ball valve, engine stop lock-outs, etc.
You can start a diesel without batteries but you sure can't start one without fuel.
I had the problem with your style of fuel lockout illustrated to me most thoroughly when I pulled too hard on my fuel shutoff knob, and it came off of the cable end... effectively leaving the fuel turned on always.

The fuel shutoff knobs have a shaft that has two holes in it. One coming out the end of the shaft that holds the cable wire, and the other drilled cross-ways through the shaft. The cable's inner wire is smooshed with a staking set inserted through the cross-ways drilled hole. The staking slightly enlarges the end of the wire, and is all that holds the shaft to the cable. A hard pull will shear off the smooshed end of the wire, and off comes the lock with the knob.

I think a better solution would be a slightly hidden key activated fuel cutoff valve... maybe accessed from the brake master cylinder door?

-Chuck

ohnuts

Put a bus bar on my batteries to let me walk away at shows and not wory about kids. Had a retarded guy at work come in and ask what was wrong with my truck because he couldnt start it.

I just looked surprised because I was, then I told him it had an anti theft devise and walked away before I got really dark and evil about it.:-x

ohnuts

Indiana is a flee before defense state. Must fear for life and must have no way to escape. If they are polite and don't threaten to kill you, well deadly force is not justified by law. Just had a family who were threatened in broad daylight. One guy stayed in the house with another outside and they had the family load all their goodies in the robbers car. Then the robbers thanked them and drove away and never touched anyone.

If the family had dropped one of the crooks outside the house as they left. The home owner would be in jail tonight. We have another man in state who is in jail for the same thing with a stereo from his car. Shot the guy in the back as he took off with the stereo, now the victim is doing time. The deceased mother and girlfriend get five minutes of fame and every body loses over a kid that recently got a new drug habit.

Scary world were people walk around and drive by us that are so medicated they cant tell you tomorrow where they were.

Just so this has something about a truck in it, I love my deuce.

You would think someone would invent a key-needed electronics switch that would be a direct replacement for the battery on/off switch that has to be turned on in order to crank the engine. Hmm... maybe I'll talk to a locksmith.
Just a little FYI: Rottweilers were bred to help dispose of bones for butchers. They will chew on rocks when they don't have bones...
Oh, and I love my deuces (and CUCVs) too!