• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction/eBay/CL Posting Policy-MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would PM the link. I see a thread, someone is asking for something, I might PM that member a link or two to an Ebay auction or buy it now if I happen to know one is up for that item.

I also agree it isn't hard to follow the rules, but like Clint said, I bet most of the infractions are people who never bothered to read them or don't care.

I've been a member here for 7 years and post frequently- I'm proud to say I've only had some redundent posts deleted and never been banned. I did have Ron jump on me when I put a classified up and didn't have enough prices in it. I was still researching them, and complied immediately.

Jesse6325

A suggestion? I had not been active on the site for several months then tried to log on. First thing I ran into was a MUST READ that I HAD to read and I think acnowlege before I could procede.
I think it was on political avatars/statements, but it left me with no doubbt that that particular activity WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED, NO QUESTIONS.
Maybe this should be similar?
I am here for the wealth of information and knowlege that this site holds as well as to share this hobby with like minded people, I for one did not mind having to read a warning on the rules to access this site and I honestly did not think it was either intrusive or annoying.
If anything it was a good reminder to go read the site rules again.
Just my observation/opinion.

350TacoZilla

I'm not trying to add fuel to fire here but I do see one other issue with ideas in post #1 (wasnt going to quote that whole mess) Say you do put it as "this auction just ended did you see this about it?" some of these items dont get picked up for whatever reason and get re-listed, some even re-use same lot# so in long run you could still be giving out info to a upcoming auction without knowing it. I also had a instance recently where I looked at a truck that was listed as drove onto lot, per forum rules I did not state what auction it was but I found out as I was leaving truck had no reverse. Again per forum rules I cant post that info and a member here bought truck, maybe got boned in process not my place to say but if he had info I did maybe he wouldnt have shelled out so much for truck. (he may have still got good deal I dont know what it went for but you get idea)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A suggestion? I had not been active on the site for several months then tried to log on. First thing I ran into was a MUST READ that I HAD to read and I think acnowlege before I could procede.
I think it was on political avatars/statements, but it left me with no doubbt that that particular activity WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED, NO QUESTIONS.
Maybe this should be similar?
I am here for the wealth of information and knowlege that this site holds as well as to share this hobby with like minded people, I for one did not mind having to read a warning on the rules to access this site and I honestly did not think it was either intrusive or annoying.
If anything it was a good reminder to go read the site rules again.
Just my observation/opinion.
Doesn't matter, people just click next. The big yellow banner also gets ignored. Banning gets attention though.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As to letting people know the negatives. That's why we preach that buyers should ALWAYS inspect prior to bidding. Caveat emptor.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to give a newbie a vacation just today for not following this simple rule.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to ban a longtime member today for posting an eBay link.

What's so hard about knowing and following this very basic rule?

Tanner

So - from reading this, it would appear that it's better to not mention sales, auctions, or anything at all pertaining to the transaction of greenbacks for tangible physical property.

'Tanner'

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The best way to go about announcing something might be available would be something along the lines of:

"There's a well know online auction site that has what you're looking for, there's a member named JohnDoe123 that sells them there or has a listing"

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The best way to go about announcing something might be available would be something along the lines of:

"There's a well know online auction site that has what you're looking for, there's a member named JohnDoe123 that sells them there or has a listing"
Though that doesn't work with sellers that have BUY NOW auctions, there might be 2000 auctions to look through. :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, I never realized that. I just looked and the rules aren't anywhere in the tapatalk version.

We need to correct that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't show when I use my Cable TV Remote either.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They don't show when I use my Cable TV Remote either.
Like it not, the future of the web is mobile devices. Ask Micheal Dell.

We need to be cross-platform compliant and compatible.

o1951

So - from reading this, it would appear that it's better to not mention sales, auctions, or anything at all pertaining to the transaction of greenbacks for tangible physical property.

'Tanner'
You CAN mention completed auctions, just not open ones. You CAN ask questions and discuss completed auctions - ie who won an item, condition, or what it sold for. You can discuss private transactions that are not auctions or ads on GL, Craigs, Ebay if you are involved - ie asking questions of all members about something you are thinking of buying - which is better, advantages of MEP 002 VS MEP 002A etc.

If ever you are not sure, just PM one of the mods. Right now, Doghead might be a good one to ask, since he just got back from vacation, and is all rested up, rarin to go.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

BleedDemon

Auction posting policy-MUST READ

Does this mean I can't mention that I know of one for sale? No other information would be disclosed. Are all these questions supposed to be hypothetical? This seems kind of ridiculous.
But, in the end, the rules be the rules. And The Dude abides.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's not yours, don't try to sell it.

Again, this is in the rules.

Hang up your phone, and log on with a computer and read the rules ( we do not need to list all the rules in this thread).

BleedDemon

Auction posting policy-MUST READ

I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm trying to figure out (before I missed out on the job that would have funded it) how I would transport and store the trucks. The LAST thing I wanted was for someone else to nab it. My every action has proven this. I'll view the forum however I choose. SS has provided a Tapatalk-compatible resource and that's what I choose.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, don't get snippy, and follow the rules.

Post in the transportation needs forum, for shipping needs.

This is a rules thread, dealing with one rule only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks