• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto crane 5005h on 925

Rmtaunton

Got the boom support welded on last night , today I will rig up something to hook the block to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobyS

Robert, I can see naming "Grumpy", and especially "flatty"...but "bubbles"???

Laying along the spare looks fine to me.

Rmtaunton

And using it again already this morning it really is like a microwave you never know how much you use it till you have one IMG_0787.JPG

tobyS

Yep....had my boomtruck 27 years. It's about to get some TLC. I couldn't go to a shorter stick (45+9), so the wrecker is out....unless I changed the boom. I know they are a handy tool....be safe.

Rmtaunton

Robert, I can see naming "Grumpy", and especially "flatty"...but "bubbles"???

Laying along the spare looks fine to me.
They all get there names from something

Recovering Bubbles I put on a massive amount of rain X before taking her on her maiden voyage home 750 miles first rain storm I hit all 4 corners in the bottom of the windshield were blowing massive bubbles and cascading on the floor I assume the water mixing with too much rain X

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much does that crane weighs and does it influence the balance of driving?

In our over-regulated EU you probably would have to go to the DoT and get it registered on your papers as additional empty weight influencing your loading capacity. It it is not a removable item but a permanent part of the truck so it has to show up on your papers as part of empty weight. Otherwise if you would cross a weighing station when empty they would nail you for wrong information on your papers.

ps, thanks for the pics

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How much does that crane weighs and does it influence the balance of driving?

In our over-regulated EU you probably would have to go to the DoT and get it registered on your papers as additional empty weight influencing your loading capacity. It it is not a removable item but a permanent part of the truck so it has to show up on your papers as part of empty weight. Otherwise if you would cross a weighing station when empty they would nail you for wrong information on your papers.

ps, thanks for the pics
Being its a 5ton, I doubt it effects it much, but he knows its there. Unless its registered commercial, he shouldn't need to worry about empty weights and scales.

Edit, thanks for the pics!

Rmtaunton

Thanks Robert / robo ..I have a license to 150,000 we really don't need "papers" here, but yes a license . And I am fully in the law , but thanks for asking and it makes me giggle , just the differences we have from an ocean apart:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks