• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back from the paint shop

zout

You should be proud of it. From the pics looks like a class A paint job - looks like single stage and then buffed out to perfection.

Not much filler, She still has some dings here and there.The paint is Napa commercial grade enamal. 60 dollars a gallon. I went with the red because i was staying with the fire truck it was when i got it. I was thinking more of a foestry truck.The sticker is just taped on there for now to see what it would look like

Attachments

Tuko

Looks good! But mine is also red so I am biased! Former canton maine brush rig.

zout

79 she looks great and you should be proud of it - so what do you have lined up to go in events to - to show it off coming up over there in NH

Thank you for the compliments. . I would like to have it ready for the barrington nh truck show. i have brake lines to finish and i would like to paint the frame.The guy did a good job for what i paid him. He was slow on work and i asked him 3 times. finally he said ok. He said $1500 you buy materials. I said $2000 you do the inside of the cab and bed. He said deal. I think im into it for 2400 including paint and supplies.About what i paid for the truck. I never really saw an m37 go for big $$ so i didnt want to have $10,000 into a truck worth 5 or 6 thousand.I could not have made it look as good as it did.

It was a fire truck for Wisscassit Maine . Then it was given to Louds island Maine where It was a fire truck for an island for 20 years. I wanted to go with a forestry truck. that paint is the commercial grade paint from napa auto parts. 60 dollars a gallon. Its just a face lift. i will paint the frame also. It isnt like a ground up resoration but its good for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks