• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back from the paint shop

zout

You should be proud of it. From the pics looks like a class A paint job - looks like single stage and then buffed out to perfection.

Not much filler, She still has some dings here and there.The paint is Napa commercial grade enamal. 60 dollars a gallon. I went with the red because i was staying with the fire truck it was when i got it. I was thinking more of a foestry truck.The sticker is just taped on there for now to see what it would look like

Attachments

Tuko

Looks good! But mine is also red so I am biased! Former canton maine brush rig.

zout

79 she looks great and you should be proud of it - so what do you have lined up to go in events to - to show it off coming up over there in NH

Thank you for the compliments. . I would like to have it ready for the barrington nh truck show. i have brake lines to finish and i would like to paint the frame.The guy did a good job for what i paid him. He was slow on work and i asked him 3 times. finally he said ok. He said $1500 you buy materials. I said $2000 you do the inside of the cab and bed. He said deal. I think im into it for 2400 including paint and supplies.About what i paid for the truck. I never really saw an m37 go for big $$ so i didnt want to have $10,000 into a truck worth 5 or 6 thousand.I could not have made it look as good as it did.

It was a fire truck for Wisscassit Maine . Then it was given to Louds island Maine where It was a fire truck for an island for 20 years. I wanted to go with a forestry truck. that paint is the commercial grade paint from napa auto parts. 60 dollars a gallon. Its just a face lift. i will paint the frame also. It isnt like a ground up resoration but its good for me.