• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banned by Govplanet over Red Rock pickup (and refusal to place shelter in the back of my 1 ton)..

INFChief

It sounds like the site manager is the problem. I wonder if anything will come out of this.
Agreed. But this Copeland guy seems to be a problem also. And Copeland can run interference with customers for the yard guys meaning no changes happen. Sounds like this issue isn’t isolated and needs escalated to a higher level manager.

tage

Update:
Joe the CEO of Govplanet called me today and said "it's best we don't business together moving forward". Refused to further comment on the threat/libel.
My opinion is if he goes against A.C. they would open themselves to the litigation regarding the libel...

Full refund offered now.

Last edited:

tage

I think you should post Joe's contact info so he can field calls from others with service issues as I am not sure all their organization is squared away....

I honestly believe he doesn't care. Corporate top dog that is refusing to cause waves. It's not his hill. I'll file my formal complaint with DLA and suggest others as well.

I also got the impression that those who get banned/burned, there will be 10 more to take their place until the recession+ forces prices to the gutter (everyone wants a deal until there's no more monopoly money)... Staggering listing and hoarding stock for higher profit margins has been their gamble....

Time to move on and enjoy the smaller things in life. Here's something from today that the dirt bags will never able to enjoy. Those who have been to Vandenberg might recognize.

Attachments

INFChief

I honestly believe he doesn't care. Corporate top dog that is refusing to cause waves. It's not his hill. I'll file my formal complaint with DLA and suggest others as well.

I also got the impression that those who get banned/burned, there will be 10 more to take their place until the recession+ forces prices to the gutter (everyone wants a deal until there's no more monopoly money)... Staggering listing and hoarding stock for higher profit margins has been their gamble....

Time to move on and enjoy the smaller things in life. Here's something from today that the dirt bags will never able to enjoy. Those who have been to Vandenberg might recognize.
I would never be convinced that RB/GP/IP hoard items or delay sales in order to manipulate supply for larger profits. They’ve got 10’s of millions of dollars tied up in inventory that they need to move. If anything, they’re struggling with trying to get items sold quicker. Between DLA dragging their feet and RB/IP/GP’s own employees dilly dallying with equipment handoff from DLA & not getting items verified, pictures taken, and listed, they’re losing money.

No; my money is betting that RB/IP/GP would love to compress the timeline and move stuff faster.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would never be convinced that RB/GP/IP hoard items or delay sales in order to manipulate supply for larger profits. They’ve got 10’s of millions of dollars tied up in inventory that they need to move. If anything, they’re struggling with trying to get items sold quicker. Between DLA dragging their feet and RB/IP/GP’s own employees dilly dallying with equipment handoff from DLA & not getting items verified, pictures taken, and listed, they’re losing money.

No; my money is betting that RB/IP/GP would love to compress the timeline and move stuff faster.

In my opinion they do delay some listings to spread them out to realize a bigger return per unit. For example in a listing for a trailer, there was only one that week but the background pictures showed 3 more identical units. The others were listed after the first one sold in subsequent weeks. I think the same thing is done for other rolling stocks like trailers. The same yard as my trailer example had multiple hmmwv's but only one unit in each auction. YMMV.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

You never saw the amount of crap that Gov Liquidation sold weekly obviously. Govplanet is selling 1/4 of what they were every week.

INFChief

In my opinion they do delay some listings to spread them out to realize a bigger return per unit. For example in a listing for a trailer, there was only one that week but the background pictures showed 3 more identical units. The others were listed after the first one sold in subsequent weeks. I think the same thing is done for other rolling stocks like trailers. The same yard as my trailer example had multiple hmmwv's but only one unit in each auction. YMMV.
You make an excellent point. From a business standpoint it makes sense. But to hold on to them for a long period of time seems senseless. It also
could be those trailers in the background have not been fully processed or “released” from DLA?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So funny to this…..I was up at Ft Drum and they had 45-50 1101/1102 trailers going in one week. I previewed them all and they were nice! Every. Single. One sold for more than 1k. Every one.

Next week there were two listed, I bought both for minimum bid.

I think the large lots bring in the large buyers. Sometimes stringing them out actually lowers the prices. Not always. But sometimes.

tage

So funny to this…..I was up at Ft Drum and they had 45-50 1101/1102 trailers going in one week. I previewed them all and they were nice! Every. Single. One sold for more than 1k. Every one.

Next week there were two listed, I bought both for minimum bid.

I think the large lots bring in the large buyers. Sometimes stringing them out actually lowers the prices. Not always. But sometimes.
You make an excellent point. From a business standpoint it makes sense. But to hold on to them for a long period of time seems senseless. It also
could be those trailers in the background have not been fully processed or “released” from DLA?

It's released before it hits their lot. Hoarded for a long time isn't staggering listings.

I've noticed on the west coast they stagger listings especially for rolling stock. Simply supply vs demand.

tage

Probably. But are they intentionally holding stick back that could be sold now?
I would say yes. The super soldier at RedRock had a hmmwv they parked out front that he drove around the yard in (which is the same at the Yermo yard). They also had an old green carc front end loader they used for over a year to load everyone up with. It probably broke down as they had a commercial(rental?) 4x4 forklift when I went last week.

INFChief

I would say yes. The super soldier at RedRock had a hmmwv they parked out front that he drove around the yard in (which is the same at the Yermo yard). They also had an old green carc front end loader they used for over a year to load everyone up with. It probably broke down as they had a commercial(rental?) 4x4 forklift when I went last week.
Those instances I could see more as a local decision and not a corporate one. If it were my business I might strategically “delay” select items but not for very long.

I’ve also wondered if they sometimes transport some items to different locations to get better bidding and higher prices.

INFChief

I got the check from Richie Bros today. About 35 dollars short of a full refund. :roll:

Incompetence is not even a strong enough word for them.
Same thing happened to me with a broken FMTV windshield. They withheld the credit card fees because they said that was not their doing. I can understand that - I don’t like it though. They could refund me that money and then they discuss their own reimbursement with the credit card processor. Shoot, they generate enough CC fees for the processor that an occasional refund would be a nice customer service touch.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Same thing happened to me with a broken FMTV windshield. They withheld the credit card fees because they said that was not their doing. I can understand that - I don’t like it though. They could refund me that money and then they discuss their own reimbursement with the credit card processor. Shoot, they generate enough CC fees for the processor that an occasional refund would be a nice customer service touch.
I would say that Hellen Waite is in charge of collecting CCard fees (in any company).

If you expect the processing company to refund any fees that they collect, then you need to go to hell and wait.

The processor gets their "cut" no matter what.
Any refund is done with the vendor's money.

tage

Those instances I could see more as a local decision and not a corporate one. If it were my business I might strategically “delay” select items but not for very long.

I’ve also wondered if they sometimes transport some items to different locations to get better bidding and higher prices.

I don't think they they transport to different yards. They gotta get the junk off the posts within a timeframe. This is something I can see that they struggle with.

You're a pacifist. They got me on the hmmwv (10 grand wire) I purchased by taking photos of the body at an angle with a shadow to hide worked out body damage, 4 flat tires that were inflated just for the pictures, burnt out PS pump and missing parts when the shipper picked it up... Notice that the pictures they post are not high definition even to this day.

Full refund is a full refund...
clowns

INFChief

I don't think they they transport to different yards. They gotta get the junk off the posts within a timeframe. This is something I can see that they struggle with.

You're a pacifist. They got me on the hmmwv (10 grand wire) I purchased by taking photos of the body at an angle with a shadow to hide worked out body damage, 4 flat tires that were inflated just for the pictures, burnt out PS pump and missing parts when the shipper picked it up... Notice that the pictures they post are not high definition even to this day.

Full refund is a full refund...
clowns
Pacifist? Eh; not really. In my case it was under $30. Would have akin to pole vaulting a mouse turd. Not a hill with enough value that I was willing to die on.

tage

Pacifist? Eh; not really. In my case it was under $30. Would have akin to pole vaulting a mouse turd. Not a hill with enough value that I was willing to die on.

That's why they do it. Thousands of people saying eh fudge it. Only 30 bucks = more profit to them. It's nice dirty trick. IIRC it's 40 dollars to file a small claims in my state. Which I feel would be easily won at the expense of some legal hours on behalf of Richie Bros. Maybe I'll use my degree... Or I'll just let me credit card company do the dirty work since it's not my money I'm losing but the CC company.... Nice to have emails stating I'll get a full refund from Copeland and Joe D.

Clowns is a good word for that organization. DLA should get multiple complaints on behalf of that predatory behavior.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

They absolutely do. You can ask @Ray70 about his experience with gensets at Ft Drum!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks