• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bargain M1028 from the towing yard!

combat jump

Ok, I am officially a SteelSoldiers member now... Just took delivery of my CUCV.

This is the one I have been talking about in the thread "Buy or Run Away":
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61036-cucv-no-title-97-buy-run-away.html

It starts right up, has clean sheet metal except the front left behind the tire. No drive shaft damage. Everything works. ODO reads 27K miles. And the nice surprise? Its not an M1008 as advertised, its an M1028! It was so cheap (1/3 of my budget) that I have plenty left to get tires, paint, lift kit, re-gear the diffs, A/C, upholstery, ham radio, winch....

Attachments

Milbikes

I like that NO STARTING FLUID stencil on the air cleaner. That looks like a nice low-miles truck that has survived in nice shape. Congrats!

2deuce

The only thing I would be worried about is why there is no title. I would make sure I have a title before I spend any time and money on it. If it was real cheap there may be a very bad reason for it not having a title. It seems that alot of these trucks get parted out especially for the axles, which often ends up being that there is more value in the sum of parts than in the complete truck.

joeman_80128

Very Nice! I just bought a m-1009 with 32k on it and its no where near as nice as this truck! One word of caution though don't let the girlfriend/wife drive it ever! I let my girlfriend drive mine to work last month because like she said "the mustang is a death tabogon in the snow". Haven't seen my blazer sense. It was 60 today in Denver. I think I'm in the market for another one.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks