• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barn find....worth anything?

Bill W

A few years back Dave Butler from "Vintage Power Wagons" brought back quite a few of these vehicles from ( if I remember right ) Greece or Turkey. I know a Frenchman who is ex Foriegn Legion and they used these vehicles extensively, in fact the truck silhouette was part of their unit patch

Pawnshop

That's not Hebrew, it's Thai! The Dodge M601 was a military version of the civilian Power Wagon built for export to foreign countries. They were used by Argentina, Denmark, Greece, France, Israel, Mexico, Philippines, and Thailand. One of our club members has one he bought from the Mexican Army, they are very nice trucks and pretty rare in the US. Here is a photo of it with Ed's Deuce for size comparison...

Attachments

shannondeese

I am in Thailand right now and haven't seen anything like that over here. So they are probably all rusted out and forgotten about over here. So you won't be finding anymore from here. Get it and enjoy the history of it.

trukhead

All I can say is it is a SCORE!!!

It''s worth what ever he's willing to sell it for and your willing to pay.

I wouldn't touch the paint on it as it is authentic and in my opinion, worth far more the way it sits ( with some new fabric and wood for the box) than all blasted and repainted.2cents
If I had $10,000 I'd pay that for it and just install wood and fabric in it and keep it in the dry and drive the snot out of it.

Last edited:

AN/GRC-46

The language on the inscriptions is indeed Thai. In the picture 1 of the group of 8, the first character on first line on the left is the numeral "2". In the picture 3 of the 8, the first character on the first line is the numeral "1". Apparently these are directions for doing something under the hood and the order in which to do them.

Baron3-6

Maybe at least one made it into US Service.......
So is this picture from the 984th EN CO in Vietnam circa 1969 a Dodge M601 Maintenance truck? Possibly liberated from the ARVN or left by the French?
(Picture found online)

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Power wagons are kick A$$!

THat one is really sweet with its history! If only I could win the powerball!:shock:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is this picture from the 984th EN CO in Vietnam circa 1969 a Dodge M601 Maintenance truck? Possibly liberated from the ARVN or left by the French?
(Picture found online)

That maintenance truck is a "must have" item!

Those three soldiers look like they're up to no good!

Baron3-6

Well here's where it most likely came from:

M601

I'm wondering if the 984 EN CO one I posted above was a civilian power wagon or M601, thoughts anyone?

Makincold

(Picture found online)
So are those bullet holes in the blade of the dozer in the background?

scottm601

Good find ..... it looks like my Dodge M601 .... made mostly for export ...... lots of parts interchange with the civilian Power Wagon. The folks at Vintage Power Wagons know all about them and have many parts. Visit
www.dodgepowerwagon.com to learn more about these trucks ........ open cabs are a lot of fun, good luck.

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks