• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barn find....worth anything?

fasttruck

The WM300 Dodge buiilt as a chassis cowel version such as would be supplied to build a school bus. They were a ommon sight in Viet Nam with locally built ambulance bodies on them for the ARVN. The maintenance truck is not the same thing as it has a full metal cab. They were a common sight as contact trucks in engineer units who needed more tools gthan a M37 could carry.

Baron3-6

The WM300 Dodge buiilt as a chassis cowel version such as would be supplied to build a school bus. They were a ommon sight in Viet Nam with locally built ambulance bodies on them for the ARVN. The maintenance truck is not the same thing as it has a full metal cab. They were a common sight as contact trucks in engineer units who needed more tools gthan a M37 could carry.
So what would the official designation of the contact truck be? I've seen M37's (soft cab, GI) with contact bodies on them, but this is the first civilian-looking power wagon I've seen a picture of in US military service. Any further info or pics?

Ridgerunner

Ridge, if you pass on it PLEASE let me know. I would love to add this to the crew.
I do not see a Dodge in my future. (just dragged another Deuce home this weekend)

If you want any pictures of anything impeticular, or just more pictures of it, let me know. It's in a barn about a mile around the corner from my place. I have access (permission) to his barn anytime if I need to.

roscoe

I do not see a Dodge in my future. (just dragged another Deuce home this weekend)

If you want any pictures of anything impeticular, or just more pictures of it, let me know. It's in a barn about a mile around the corner from my place. I have access (permission) to his barn anytime if I need to.
I see a lot of PM's in your future.:???:

Beautiful truck.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea how much the guy wants for it? Looks like a perfect little proejct for when I am in the states, and after that as daily driver when there :jumpin:

Ridgerunner

I know it is a Dodge M601. Just wondering if it ever was sold? Thanks
I didn't buy it, so it should still be there. Never realy had it up for sale officially, he offered it to me because I have military trucks and I inquired about it sitting in the barn while I was there. Just one of them things that came up in conversation. I'm sure he "would have" sold it to any one though......the old man just recently passed away (this winter) and I highly doubt his wife will want to do anything with it at this point, other than sell it. I could have picked it up for $2,500 from him, but who knows what she'll want or it. I think their son is incharge of everything now.

toddbe

Did you drive it or tow it home? What are you, (from barn door to barn door) less that a mile away.
I drove it home of course. I figured if I got pulled over I would beg for forgiveness. I will talk to Wayne next week - he had the title. I will drive it until the Willy's is done, then it is next for some work. However, with very little rust the work will be a lot easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks