• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery cable length

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this has been posted before, well, I searched and couldn't find it, so I'm posting it now in case anyone does a search under the title key words. When I searched I did find threads but with no specific numbers, just advice on how much would probably be good enough.

The ground/negative wire: 2 feet

The positive wire: 5 feet

The numbers may not be exact, and I may have rounded up an inch or 2. When I measured the positive it came a little short of 5 feet, but the wire is bent and cut in two and I just decided it was 5 feet.

The above were the lengths I pulled off. My replacements are a little longer because I wanted more flexibility. Sometimes the connections held better depending on which way they came into the battery box - a little hard to explain, but just say I want longer battery cables. Since I didn't know how much to order I just ordered 10 feet of each.

I'm using 4/0 wire for my replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks