• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Desulfater for any MV.

jstier

Looks impressive but curious; has anyone actually ordered AND recieved this thing from Malaysia?
I have them on my RV batteries, Golf Cart, and all my Trucks. so far I have only put them on stuff that sits alot. I also have trickel chargers on everything that sits.
I have 2 24volt units (bought too many) brand new that I dont need if anyone is interested. PM me

I have bought a couple of these http://www.batteryminders.com/batte...rger-Maintainer-Desulfator-Condi-p-16142.html
1 12 volt and a 24volt that I just put on the M923 when I put all new batteries in it. I like it because it will monitor Temp and adjust charge according.

I have use both and I think either is a great investment. Depends if you already have a trickel charger or not.

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,JSTIER, what size do you have left, 12 or 24 or both...? and what do you want for them..?

3rdmdqm

Interesting. I would like to know this also. I just had to replace a 4 year old battery which had a dead cell, wouldn't hold the required amps, probably due to sulfation. They prorated the battery for me so it only cost me $37 to replace, however I am also wondering if this stuff regenerates batteries from sulfation and would it be worth it.

steelandcanvas

Here is what I use. I am spoiled on this charger, desulphater, maintainer, conditioner. You can attach this one unit to your battery(ies), and get the benefits of four different charging features. Wait for Northern to put the unit on sale, usually you can save about $50. I keep my Battery Minder on my MEP-003A so it's always ready to go.

BatteryMINDer Battery Charger / Maintainer / Conditioner — 24 Volt 1/2/4 Amp, Model# 24041 | Battery Maintainers | Northern Tool + Equipment

We have one Member in the Club that has this unit on all three of his MV's, and several other Members have purchased it also.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steelandcanvas, I always try out and test the new equipment before I comment on it. I have been through 2 different pieces of junk that did not last a year and there was no noticeable difference in any performance.

OPTIMATE 3 III BATTERY CHARGER - DESULFATER - OPTIMIZER | eBay

I picked up this little beauty off e-pay for $60.00 maybe 9 months ago and have been please so far. I have left it plugged in on the boat, truck, car etc,,, left out in the rain and there has been no problems with moisture. We all know moisture and electricity do not mix.This company only makes a 12 volt version and I am looking for a good unit in dual 12/24vdc.

Thanks for your input, I think yours rocks...Don

BTW, Have you ever seen a Quad pontoon, I built this one about 5 years ago. You can load a refrigerator on it and the logs do not go down 1" just thought I would throw in a pic since it's camo..This is my daily driver, My friends call it the "Island Hopper". My version anyway....Don

I am building another quad pontoon boat flat top with a S250 shelter built into the design. I will do a write up thread on that this spring.

Attachments

Last edited:

coolnick73

Interesting. I would like to know this also. I just had to replace a 4 year old battery which had a dead cell, wouldn't hold the required amps, probably due to sulfation. They prorated the battery for me so it only cost me $37 to replace, however I am also wondering if this stuff regenerates batteries from sulfation and would it be worth it.
Last fall I had a battery go down and thought that a desulfanator would bring it back to life. So I got the 12V BatteryMinder and brought the batteries into the basement to charge. I had the charger on the bad battery for weeks to a month and I could only get about 12V. Pretty sure I had a bad cell. So if you have a bad cell I don't think there is a battery charger on the market that can fix it.

I do like the charger except when the power fluxuates it defults back to 2amp AGM charing.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure all the cells were full of electrlyte..? Some are unrecoverable. I do this on everything for the JIC factor. I probably spend $5.00 a month for electricity to keep them all up to snuff. I get irate when I go to start something and the battery is the issue, there should be no reason for it.

steelandcanvas

I don't think there is anything you can do when you have a cell short or open, but maybe our Resident Vehicle Electric Guru, Bjorn, can advise on that one. Sweet pontoon, Don. I'm sure we'll enjoy version 2.0 with the shelter on her. I wish I could say my "daily driver" was a pontoon boat, sounds like fun! The Battery Minder comes in 12 & 24 VDC, but not both. I purchased the 24 VDC unit to put onboard the Deuce and leave it there, but that was before I owned the MEP. Now it just keeps the MEP ready to go. Also it does not default back to 2 Amp, AGM when you lose power. As long as the batteries you are charging have power, the Battery Minder will keep the same settings when power is restored. Sometimes when de-sulphating, you might have to run the cycle several times to properly de-sulphate. I have had to run up to half a dozen cycles to get the unit to go into maintenance mode.

Well, I don't know how all of these gadgets work, but they do. When I got the M109A3 about 6 months ago, it had 2 UTL batteries that were dead. We were just going to pitch them, but then my brother got a BatteryMINDer Plus, Model 12117, with a gift card he received from Amazon.

We hooked up one of the batteries and let it run for a couple days, then hooked up the other battery for a couple days. After 4-5 weeks alternating them, the batteries were showing 12.8 volts each, roughly.

After that, I hooked each up to a Black and Decker charger/conditioner to see if they would take more charging.

I now have a set of batteries that I've been using the past 3 weeks or so in my Deuce W/W. I used the Deuce just today to go to Ft. Polk to pick up a M105 trailer, and had no problems. The long drive charging the batteries should be good for them, I think.

I dunno how long they will last, but they haven't failed me yet, and I intend to use the BatteryMINDer on them occasionally to keep them maintained.

I'm just tickled pink that I managed to recover a couple batteries for nearly nothing!

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks