Battery group number for M35A2

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Maverick1701

I run a pair of group 34 batteries in my deuce. I don't think you really need more than 600 CCA per battery because the starter doesn't pull that many amps, unless it's old and tired I suppose.
Did you have to do a lot of custom fab work to secure them in the battery box? I don't really want to have to do a lot of fab work just to make truck batteries fit the M35A2 battery box. I don't have a band saw, welder, or any other tools commonly used for specialty fabrication work.
I usually use just hand tools/drills and other general type tools.

HDN

Did you have to do a lot of custom fab work to secure them in the battery box? I don't really want to have to do a lot of fab work just to make truck batteries fit the M35A2 battery box. I don't have a band saw, welder, or any other tools commonly used for specialty fabrication work.
I didn't do any fab work at all. The batteries more or less sit there. I could probably figure out a way to strap them down without modifying the battery box, but I don't drive the truck hard enough to the point the batteries would be bouncing around anyway.

Maverick1701

I didn't do any fab work at all. The batteries more or less sit there. I could probably figure out a way to strap them down without modifying the battery box, but I don't drive the truck hard enough to the point the batteries would be bouncing around anyway.
awesome! thanks!

Jericho

Interstate group 31 s 1100 cca , they usually last about 5 years , I even do the blems for about 40$ each , come with 6 month replacement by the time you get them into the battery box they are as marked up as blems . Only need two . work well !

fasttruck

Along with heat, as here in sunny AZ, vibration is an enemy of long battery life. If using smaller than 6TL batteries, a hold down system that keeps them from bouncing up and down is a necessity. Just jamming some 2X4s in along side them will not protect the batteries. Or protect the connecting cables from chaffing on something and shorting out.

Katahdin

For my last battery retainer, I used 1 inch fiberglass square tubing and threaded rod with nuts and washers. No special tools necessary, just any basic drill and saw.

The fiberglass tubing I got on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Hollow-Rectangular-Gray-Length/dp/B000FN0HWI/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks