• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beat to heck GovPlanet Humvee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmagic94

File the complaint with the IronClad guarantee would be the step to do rather then discuss about how it was malicious by the old man that runs the Tucson area. You can take the correct step or you can complain, only one will fix this.

greenjeepster

GP isn't GL. I bought a lot of GL "will not start" trucks that were just out of fuel or had dead batteries. But if GP says it will not start; it needs something more than that as they actually put more effort into getting them started than the "push the starter button" that GL did.

I see a lot of trucks on GP that state "Started with ether".... I would never buy one of those or bid on any that are listed as "Did not start" without the expectation that it needs major mechanical work.

turnkey

Hey what you see is what you get.....Like getting married....looks nice on the outside but inside....Different story....Drove when parked...I love that one for a MV description. Now you have a perfect boat anchor.l

tage

File the complaint with the IronClad guarantee would be the step to do rather then discuss about how it was malicious by the old man that runs the Tucson area. You can take the correct step or you can complain, only one will fix this.
Already have. They're saying normal wear, and tear. I'm gonna keep this truck, no matter what. It's just lack of full disclosure.
I know everyone on here would like to know about a field welded control arm, or underbody damage before you handed over allot of your hard earned money. And I'm not talking about those 5k's that they're selling.

I gueß everyone who reads this threads now knows to watch out for all the NTC trucks out at Monthan.... fat lady sings

trooper632

I know using either is not the best on these engines.... But if used correctly and sparingly I don't have an issue with it, don't it several times and will continue to use it sparingly and correctly. I have never blown anything up or broken anything using it, you just have to be careful.

Blackmagic94

I have several NTC 11 ACR Black Horse unit vehicles with none of your issues.

So did you vehicle have a max star body and underbody condition. I doubt it did.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right, I have the ball moving on that. 750$ deductible though. Could you tell me on any of your hmmwv's if the firewall flex is normal with the gas pedal operation?
the right side wall where the accel pedal is flexs, it's a thin aluminum panel, if it's real bad it's because the assy is loaded with NTC grit. The 2 plates sandwich a split bushing, no lube required...when new and minty, but over time, the bushing slots get wider and creates more play, so when you push down on the pedal, it has all kinds of slop.
pull it apart..which is not a one man job, replace the pedal assy with new bushing...they are epay for cheap.

tage

the right side wall where the accel pedal is flexs, it's a thin aluminum panel, if it's real bad it's because the assy is loaded with NTC grit. The 2 plates sandwich a split bushing, no lube required...when new and minty, but over time, the bushing slots get wider and creates more play, so when you push down on the pedal, it has all kinds of slop.
pull it apart..which is not a one man job, replace the pedal assy with new bushing...they are epay for cheap.
I was looking at it in the TM, and looks fun from the inside of the firewall. Thanks for info. :)

I ordered a SF97 today to boot... ha ha ha

Last edited:

TucsonVTXF

call customer service and request one. give them credit card info and you will get it in the mail in approx. 45 days they told me.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not start talking about titling the HMVVWs for "on road use". Take this as a warning (along with the multiple warnings from yesterday).

Read the stickies in the HMMWV forum for details about the SF-97s.

tage

According to GP wear and tear is normal for the truck. IronClad Assurance does not cover anything other then missing parts that were shown in listing, or other BS like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks